We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
We are seeking an experienced Office Manager / PA to support the Digital Editor and manage the administration of the Digital Team.
Day to day you will:
- PA duties: Diary management, expenses, travel, inbox, meetings, agendas and itineraries, personal errands and organising team events.
- Manage team assistant and payments team of four, ensuring targets are met, keeping track of output and flagging issues, financial reporting and managing agency deals and subscriptions.
- Manage department’s holidays and oversee rotas tracking holiday and sickness.
- Organise new starters, work experience applications and placements.
- Manage purchasing for team
- Act as point of contact for the team maintaining relationships with facilities, technology, finance and HR.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard.
- Appreciation of and interest in journalism.
- Experience of working with senior executives.
- Ability to adapt to a changing, challenging work environment as required.
- Personable, professional and a confident communicator.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office packages, especially Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Googlemail.
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task.
- Positive attitude and good team player.
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results.
- Self-starter, highly organised and a good problem-solver.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice