We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Your role: Our team, HR Data Administration and Reports, is responsible for the proactive management of HR data and provide input for processes involving HR Data with a continuous improvement philosophy.
We support Technology delivering changes to SAP and ensure that compliance is at the centre of all our activities. We establish and help to implement sustainable systems, frameworks and processes to ensure efficient and effective capture and management of HR data. We offer a service to the business and third parties through providing accurate and well-presented management information
Day to day you will: Deliver expertise on HR Administration, Compliance, HR Data, Talent Resourcing and Learning & Development to our customers across the News UK business.
We achieve this through specialist knowledge of our area and by taking ownership of the customer experience. We implement solutions which meet the business’s needs, protect the business from risk and deliver a good customer experience
- Deliver responsive and effective working relationships with HRBPs, the business and our SAP support partner
- Identifying effective solutions and managing all changes related to SAP HR.
- Plan and perform end-to-end testing of system upgrades and change requests, document test results
- Continue to build and co-manage the working relationship with Technology. Attend regular meetings and assist with the prioritisation / resolution of outstanding incidents / HR changes
- Providing insight and expertise to HR Ops on SAP HR functionalities and best use
- Manage data quality on SAP, review and propose changes to processes where required
- Create SAP reports/queries and provide related analytics
- Ensures standards and processes are adhered to by HRDA
- Execute HR Data improvement initiatives, ensure data quality and proactively manage issues impacting data integrity
- Participate in projects and implement HR Solutions
What we’re looking for from you:
- SAP solution expertise covering Personnel Administration, Organisation Management, Payroll, Time & Attendance, ESS & MSS, Ad-hoc Reporting
- SAP HR (or other HRIS) implementation experience
- Experience of HRIS testing, planning and execution
- Conversant with HR reports, forms and workflows
- Experience of providing SAP HR functional specification and support
- Experience of managing SAP change and documentation
- SAP HR Upgrade and HRSP testing experience
- End User training, delivery and support
- Stakeholder management experience
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Requirement gathering and visual presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge and/or experience of HR Cloud solutions
- Knowledge of IT Service Management tools such as Remedy
- Passion for service delivery
- Engaging & Collaborative
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice