Digital Sales Manager
What is the purpose of this role?
To be an externally facing, digital salesperson, responsible for maintaining excellent digital relationships across all levels within an allocated set of agencies and clients. They will implement and maintain discipline and rigour on all sales elements with a view to maximising revenue potential and inclusion of all titles and digital platforms within the portfolio, including all web, mobile and video platforms. This is a dynamic, sales development and digital solutions-led role that will drive our external profile and digital reputation.
Who are we?
News UK is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling. Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times - as well as Unruly, a global ad tech company, and the Wireless Group,comprising of talkSPORT, talkRADIO, and Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations. Marketing (COO), is the driving force behind our business, keeping us connected with our dedicated audience.
Commercial, is the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial content and readership into revenue through advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives. We’re a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. We’re an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with all of our agencies and clients, offering the most creative and ground breaking advertising campaigns, with a reach of millions. And we want you to work with us.
What am I responsible for?
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships within your agency patch through regular face to face contact, across all agency disciplines including Investment, Planning & Strategy
- Present News UK offering to key planning and buying teams within agency portfolio
- Build and maintain outstanding digital product and competitor knowledge
- Drive collaboration with the wider Commercial teams to seek out, sell and implement new revenue opportunities across the Sun digital portfolio
- Liaison with relevant agency group contact within the trading team to ensure deals are fulfilled and maximised across all platforms where possible
- Champion and work with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth digital campaign delivery
- Monitor and report on agency/client performance to relevant internal stakeholders
- Keep abreast at all times of the changing needs and strategies on all relevant products
- Seek opportunities for personal development and team development
- Aware of and strive to deliver all set business KPIs
- Maintain an upbeat, passionate and motivated departmental sales culture
- Establish and build relationships across the wider Commercial department
- Pro-actively seek to deliver innovate creative solutions to market
What teams will you be working with?
- Media, creative and digital agencies
- Wider trading department within Commercial – Partnerships, Strategy, Client team & Trading
Who are we looking for?
- Track record of success within a digital media sales environment.
- Experience selling across multiple platforms
- Deep experience in negotiating
- Deep experience creating and delivering presentations to existing and new customers
- Experience selling to media agencies
- Solid key account management experience
- Familiarity with media research systems (comscore, TGI)
Sound like the role for you? Not sure you tick all the boxes but think you could make an impact? If so please apply email@example.com
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice