What’s my role?
Sales Coordinator, Storyful News, London
What’s the purpose of this role?
Storyful is seeking a versatile, meticulous Sales Coordinator to help grow its media partnerships and video licensing business. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience within a fast-paced company.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, this position will be responsible for generating sales leads as well as drafting and negotiating contracts, handling client relationships, and acting as a point of contact to cross-functional teams to ensure seamless workflows between internal teams. This is a multi-faceted job in a start-up environment. Flexibility, sharp organizational and process oriented skills, a self-starting work ethic and a sense of humour required. User-generated video is the new go-to for brands, news agencies and television programs and our team works diligently to connect the dots between the content creators and the content buyers around the world. We work with viral content spanning all genres with the content sales team seeking to find the best homes for content across the broadcast and digital space.
We’re looking for an individual who possesses some knowledge about the media sector but is keen to expand his or her knowledge and resources in this space. Assertiveness, an eye for organization, and a firm lean towards the creative are important – we’re ideally looking for someone who’s looking to learn and grow within a landscape that changes.
Basic salary is dependent on experience + Benefits
What are the responsibilities for this role?
- Identify new clients and handle inbound requests from key media organizations, TV production companies, newsrooms, social media channels and networks.
- Generate sales leads for video footage.
- Negotiate content license agreements.
- Create repeat business opportunities for existing clients.
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline, and generate weekly and monthly activity reporting.
- Act as team representative in the media marketplace and provide first-class customer service to new and existing clients.
Who are we looking for?
- BA/BS ideal but not required.
- Experience in negotiating content licenses and handling relationships.
- Video licensing or related experience at a publishing company, agency, retailer or related field.
- Knowledge of contracts a plus.
- Proven ability to lead multiple, contending priorities at once.
- Great teammate with the ability to work effectively in a high-energy, rapidly evolving organization.
- Organized self-starter with a focus on excellence and entrepreneurship, and strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Equally comfortable talking about media and the social web, as well as spreadsheets.
- Experience using systems such as SalesForce.
What do we offer?
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Private healthcare
- Extensive & continual training and development opportunities
Sound like the role for you? Not sure you tick all the boxes but think you could make an impact? If so please apply
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice