Campaign Marketing Manager
What’s my personal contribution?
A messaging and marketing specialist, this role primarily leads the strategy, planning and delivery of best-in-class marketing campaigns to drive growth of The Times and The Sunday Times (TNL) print and digital products.
Taking a content-led approach to help build brand equity and optimise growth this role is a key contact for editorial, working closely with them to identify and agree the best content opportunities to drive sales.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To lead the annual sales marketing strategy for TNL, developing and delivering efficient and effective plans to drive print sales at retail, subscriptions and commercial revenue in the UK, Ireland and internationally
- To collaborate with editorial to identify and agree key content that will boost quarterly print and subscription sales and weave into marketing plans accordingly, including unique, evergreen and reactive content across all pillars
- To work with the Head of Brand and Campaigns and roster of agencies to build a creative vision for TNL that transforms commercial growth
- To efficiently lead and deliver multiple cross-functional marketing campaigns at any one time, pushing the right content to the right people in the right places at the right time, working with editorial and wider Marketing and Sales department to optimise marketing activity wherever possible and drive maximum revenue
- To clearly communicate sales marketing activity to wider marketing department and business in a timely fashion, to ensure peers can and do leverage any opportunity as effectively as possible
- To lead briefing and delivery of all creative assets for campaigns to ensure consistency across all consumer touchpoints. Working closely with Digital, Print and Subscriptions Sales teams to ensure the best messaging strategy to meet targets
- Working with media agency, digital media team and owned media houses across News UK to develop and roll out cost-efficient media plans to drive growth
- To operate best practice in daily agency management, demonstrating collaborative way of working with planners, account teams and creatives, delivering efficient and optimal briefing and management of multiple creative and media agencies
- To work with Commercial to ensure all trade communications align with marketing strategy, to identify opportunities for advertising revenue growth and roll out marketing accordingly
- To be a messaging, media and creative expert in the department able to support other teams to deliver best-in-class work as and when required
- To ensure all sales marketing and campaigns results are reviewed and analysed through regular reporting, and post-campaign reviews, collating and communicating any learnings for future activity accordingly
- To work with research and insights team to identify purchasing habit insights and apply to campaign marketing
- To prove how sales marketing impacts the P&L and how to measure and optimise return-on-investment of communications and media
- To motivate and inspire junior members of the team and be a voice for creative excellence amongst peers and senior leaders. To build the capability and capacity of direct report through insight and constructive feedback to enable team effectiveness and to drive business performance
- Have a good understanding of wider market and business challenges and ensure these are shared with appropriate stakeholders
- Be commercially astute and comfortable with optimising a set of revenue driving KPIs. Fully understand how to impact the P&L through communications and how to measure and optimise return-on-investment of comms and media
- Motivate and inspire junior members of the team and be a voice for creative excellence amongst peers and senior leaders
- To build the capability and capacity of individuals in the team through insight and constructive feedback to enable team effectiveness and to drive business performance
Experience and behaviours required
- A strategic thinker with broad marketing experience
- Experienced campaign or project manager
- Strong understanding of agency management, effective creative briefing and feedback
- Good at building and maintaining relationships with peers and stakeholders
- An innovator who thinks outside of the box and pushes boundaries
- A team player, aware of the bigger picture and willing to support and collaborate with others to help
- Adaptable to change
- Confident presenter
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice