What’s my role?
Artworker & Proof-reader (Contract)
What’s the purpose of this role?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Artworker to work as part of a busy team to produce high quality design for print material. You will be a positive, good communicator, with proven knowledge of design concepts, reprographics and print production. Your down-to- earth nature and flexibility will mean that you’ll also be happy to help the rest of the team with the production of presentation material when it’s busy.
You’ll be working with The Times Travel team, working across a range of print formats, you will be inspired by a passion for travel that will come through in your work. You will be working directly with and alongside the marketing team and a designer, creating best in class travel design work and taking pride in all output.
Basic salary is dependent on experience
Who are we?
News UK is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times - as well as Unruly, a global ad tech company, and the Wireless Group, comprising of talkSPORT, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations.
Commercial, is the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial content and readership into revenue through advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives. We’re a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. We’re an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with all of our agencies & clients, offering the most creative and groundbreaking advertising campaigns, with a reach of millions.
And we want you to work with us.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
- You will produce artwork to the designer and marketing team’s brief and agreed standards.
- Work with a collaborative digital asset management system and ensure work conforms to pre-agreed processes.
- You will need to develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and provide excellent customer service.
- You’ll proactively monitor artwork quality, accuracy and consistency.
Who are we looking for?
- You will need to have experience of working on ATL, Direct Mail, POS, and general print work.
- Ability to work accurately and provide consistent, quality artwork.
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines.
- Experience in preparing artwork for print, pre-production and flight checking.
- Experience of client liaison.
- Excellent customer service, teamwork and time management skills.
- You will be required to have good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – principally InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You will have excellent proof-reading skills.
- Understanding of print buying for all types of creative application.
- Good working-knowledge of Digital Artwork processes, their limitations and needs within the design process.
- You’ll ideally have an interest and passion in the travel industry would be a bonus.
- Excellent working-knowledge of PC computer and software, principally QuarkXpress, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat (including MS Office Suite). MS Powerpoint a great advantage, but training may be provided for the right candidate.
- Good knowledge of IT and server systems, mailing, printing and networking.
- Excellent working-knowledge of production cycle and print technology. Must be able to understand print and imaging processes and know their limitations.
Sound like the role for you? Not sure you tick all the boxes but think you could make an impact? If so please apply.
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice