What’s my role?
What’s the purpose of this role?
Oversee the product inventory and maintain the profitability of the portfolio sold by the News UK Commercial sales and trading teams. Acting as a point of contact for editorial and publishing operations.
Basic salary is dependent on experience + 40% Commission Structure + Benefits
Who are we?
News UK is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times - as well as Unruly, a global ad tech company, and the Wireless Group, comprising of talkSPORT, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations.
Commercial, is the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial content and readership into revenue through advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives. We’re a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. We’re an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with all of our agencies & clients, offering the most creative and groundbreaking advertising campaigns, with a reach of millions.
And we want you to work with us.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
Finance and Production:
- You will be required to monitor budgets and forecasts to ensure titles are hitting revenue targets by helping to direct Sales activity and working closely with Deal team
- Producing the weekly flash report for News UK management
- Assisting with managing the title P&Ls, including that of the polybag, and costs of specials (in conjunction with Business Services)
- Supporting with setting and managing pagination for the portfolio, including assessing business risk associated
- Deliver product optimisation initiatives projects across the portfolio
- You’ll be developing and maintaining close relationships with editorial and working as an escalation point for the Advertising Operations team should any specific issues need resolving
- Attend internal meetings including: weekly titles, conference, forward planning
- Facilitating conversations between Editorial and Sales to develop and encourage ‘Innovation’. This includes working with Production / Operations to ensure the smooth delivery of agreed innovation
- You will be required to support the identification of opportunities to improve the profitability of the portfolio through creating new sections or changing elements of the book involving Sales as and when appropriate
Sales (and Production):
- You will be working in conjunction with the Deal team and sales management to direct tactical sales activities to ensure products hit targets and profitability optimised before closed
- Working as an escalation point to the Sales and Advertising Operations teams who monitor and maintain target ad:ed ratios, manage positional clashes and moves and who ensure positional guarantees are delivered for clients.
- You’ll review innovation pricing and maintain sales collateral for Commercial
- You will need to collaborate with the wider News UK teams to maintain a portfolio of products that represent value for the customer
- You’ll be taking on other activities as requested by the Sales / Commercial Director /Head of Title Management
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a strong understanding of the company’s strategic objectives and the Title Manager’s role in delivering them.
- You’ll need a strong knowledge of advertising behaviours and current trends that impact on the News UK portfolio.
- You’ll have a proven track record of good teamwork - sharing best practice and insight.
- Experience within, and authority to direct Sales.
- Good understanding of budgets and revenue performance.
- Experience using systems such as SalesForce.
What do we offer?
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Lucrative bonus structure
- Pension (up to 8% News UK contribution)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private healthcare
- Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Discounted book store
- Regular in-house speaker events
Sound like the role for you? Not sure you tick all the boxes but think you could make an impact? If so please apply
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice