Brand Marketing Manager
The Times & The Sunday Times
A brand expert, responsible for leading the development and delivery of the TNL brand proposition, strategy and identity throughout everything we do, to build the value of the brand and drive price premium.
To be the brand guardian for The Times and The Sunday Times, driving a brand-centric culture and delivering a clear identity that helps the brand transition from most trusted newspaper to top 10 most trusted UK brand. To follow this through into strategy and creative work for new business ventures, brand extensions, commercial propositions and product.
- To lead the annual brand marketing strategy for TNL, based on consumer insight, developing and delivering plans to land the value of the brand through marketing efficiently and effectively. To grow a known audience that can be used to drive digital subscription sales, sales at retail and commercial revenue
- To operate best practice in daily agency management, demonstrating collaborative way of working with planners, account teams and creatives, delivering efficient and optimal briefing and management of multiple creative and media agencies, ensuring activity has clear links to customer insight and defined brand objectives that can and will be measured
- Working with Head of Brand and Campaigns to clearly communicate brand marketing activity to wider marketing department and business in a timely fashion, to ensure peers can and do leverage any opportunity as effectively as possible
- Work closely with the Campaigns Marketing Team and Editorial to ensure the brand message and the content TNL promotes supercharge each other
- To ensure all brand marketing and campaigns results are reviewed and analysed through post-campaign reviews, collating and communicating any learnings for future activity
- To collaborate with Partnerships and Events to brief plans and ensure alignment to the brand proposition, fit with planned campaigns and that TT/ST are maximising opportunities for raising brand awareness
- To work with Commercial to develop the brand message and positioning for TNL Commercial for both agency and direct client pitches. To ensure all trade communications align with the overall TNL brand strategy whilst delivering against agreed objectives
- To provide support to Head of Brand and Campaigns and Head of New Business Ventures Marketing to ensure communications and propositions align with the overall TNL brand. Provide recommendations on branding and develop guidelines that fit NBV within the TNL brand message hierarchy
- To own and manage clear brand guidelines, including proposition, tone of voice and visual identity that agencies, marketing teams and third parties can easily understand and apply to all creative work independently. Where appropriate incorporate regional variations to ensure they remain true to the agreed brand purpose while also appealing to local audiences
- To collaborate with communication counterparts to educate, inform and, where appropriate, improve on brand guidelines to ensure they are applied consistently at all times
- To create a brand-centric culture, rolling brand proposition and values out across business, inspiring colleagues, agencies and third parties on what we stand for to build brand advocacy from the inside out, refining appropriately to ensure understanding and buy in
- To monitor alignment of communications, media and partnerships to the brand strategy and guidelines and work to improve accordingly
- To monitor performance of the brand through effective and consistent brand tracking, identifying challenges and opportunities and proposing solutions accordingly
- To understand and execute how to impact the P&L through brand communications and how to measure and optimise return-on-investment of communications and media
- To motivate and inspire junior members of the team and be a voice for creative excellence amongst peers and senior leaders. To build the capability and capacity of direct report through insight and constructive feedback to enable team effectiveness and to drive business performance
- Have a good understanding of wider market and business challenges. Ensure your team are conducting competitor research and sharing with wider Marketing department
- To run the award entries for the Marketing and Sales team to drive positive PR
- Understanding of how to build and maintain a brand
- Understanding of agency management, effective creative briefing and feedback
- Good at building and maintaining relationships with peers and stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to spot challenges and opportunities and address accordingly
- An innovator who thinks outside of the box and pushes boundaries
- A team player, aware of the bigger picture and willing to support and collaborate with others to help
- Adaptable to change
- Confident presenter
Sound like the role for you? Not sure you tick all the boxes but think you could make an impact? If so please apply email@example.com
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice