Customer Experience Manager
What’s the purpose of this role?
The role of the Customer Experience Manager team is to provide world class levels of service to our customers through seamless operational experiences and processes that link to our brand values and deliver our brand promises. To attract passionate, loyal and valuable customers to our brands.
This role sits within the Operations team and is a key position to enable the business to build upon our best year ever, in terms of subscriber and profit growth. This role requires someone who not only can demonstrate a strong work ethic but have a passion and drive to deliver a world customer service operation. This role requires someone who cannot only manage the smooth day to day running of the operation, but also have a long term vision and can translate that vision into tactical and strategic projects and plans they can own and deliver.
Basic salary is dependent on experience + Benefits
Who are we?
News UK is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Marketing (COO), is the driving force behind our business, keeping us connected with our dedicated audience. We’re a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. We’re an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with all of our partners and our audience, offering the most creative, groundbreaking and award-winning marketing campaigns, with a reach of millions. And we want you to work with us.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
- Lead and manage internal senior escalations executives to resolve all elements of high-level complaints from customers and work closely with outsourced partners to ensure that all general escalated activities adhere to business guidelines
- Lead, manage and build a strong relationship with the Outsource provider to ensure service levels are adhered to, quality levels are achieved and budget is maintained
- Responsible for the delivery of service improvements across the business
- Provide a feedback loop to the business on areas that are driving customer contact and own the projects that will reduce customer contact and provide service improvements
- Support New Business Ventures as appropriate, helping enable us collectively to deliver the total customer value targets
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure that any future products or propositions are market ready without creating additional workarounds and back end processes
- Work closely with the Forecasting and Reporting Manager and Performance Manager to ensure effective reporting is in place and appropriate levels of staff are scheduled
- Oversee the competitions activities with Partnerships and support any activity migration or new stakeholder mapping. Retain a role in the audit and monitoring of competitions.
- Responsible for the quality of the operational team and there are effective measures in place to monitor customer interactions
- Be the internal champion of briefing, training and induction processes that ensure that sales objectives and brand values are enhanced by the customer service interaction
- Responsible for ensuring service offered to subscribers if appropriate by region and proposition. Ensuring support for regions
- Required to be on the operational site(s) as appropriate to deliver business transformation in-line with strategic objectives and create a world class service, which helps transition the operations from cost centres to a profit creator.
- Manage the voucher fulfilment process, including a lead role investigating new alternative solutions as part of reducing costs & increasing transaction visibility and ease of use.
- Responsible for customer service levels, including first contact fix, abandonment rate, and recontracting through service.
- Key role in identifying new revenue opportunities based on operational insight and deploying relevant changes in resource and call structure to achieve ARPU growth from our customers.
- Own the project roadmap which focuses on contact reduction and customer experience improvements
- Ensure the operation as the right tools, training and processes in place to manage customer experience effectively
- Monitor and (working with Management Information teams)? report on quality standards adherence across interactions on all channels
- Work with the team and key stakeholders to develop training materials to ensure that agents are fully briefed on appropriate products and systems
- Appraise and measure training activities to ensure business performance is positively impacted
Who are we looking for?
- Deep understanding of dealing with escalated and high level complaints
- Experience managing and delivering training and coaching and developing team members
- Ability to prioritise your own work and the overall tasks of the team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills and Salesforce experience is advantageous
- Ability to influence a wide range of audiences (including business stakeholders up to Senior Management)
- Ability to analyse performance data and identify when deeper insight is required.
- Experience at managing outsourced relationships across multiple communication channels
- Commercial experience in managing a budget, understanding the ROI of the operation and the impact a customer service operation has on churn reduction
- Creating innovative and creative solutions to overcome customer related issues
- Experience at managing virtual teams, where you have delivered projects which span multiple internal and external teams
- Proven Management and leadership skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced outsourced Customer Service environment
- Experience at coaching and driving performance and identifying training needs
- Ability to build effective working relationships and communicate with all levels of the business
- Team management experience
- Experience of working in a target-driven environment
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice