We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates 32 national and local radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
These include talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio. From FM104 in Dublin, to 96.4 The Wave in Swansea, our local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their local communities.
Job Role: Sales Executive
The role of Sales Executive at the popular radio station U105 is to work t on behalf of local businesses to reach the biggest potential audience with the strongest most persuasive advertising campaigns.
You will create and run your own client list supported by our creative solutions team who will provide you with the strongest possible digital, creative and branded content in your marketplace.
Day to day you will:
- Identifying and developing new prospects to add to your list
- Prospecting and self-generating new business appointments
- Establish prospective clients needs to gain opportunities.
- Working with our Creative solutions team to generate ideas that fulfil client needs from a wide portfolio of products including, commercial production, airtime planning, sponsorships, events and digital.
- Presenting opportunities and closing business.
- Account managing clients through the whole process and on to future opportunities.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Relevant experience working at Account Manager level essential
- Demonstrable experience in web technologies
- Experience of managing client projects, from briefing through to delivery and reporting
- Experience of developing effective working relationships internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- A proactive self-starter
- High degree of commitment, initiative and perseverance
- Flexible and resourceful
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and proactively manage internal and external priorities
- Accurate and detail focused
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results under pressure
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
What's in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to embrace a new challenge or take your next step in media sales within an exciting radio station environment.
For the right person, this job represents an exciting opportunity to join a successful company and be a key player in steering its future and to take on more responsibilities for business growth. In return for your previous experience, future potential and dedication we offer a competitive salary, company car and an excellent commission structure.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice