Customer Engagement Marketing Executive
To execute the delivery of engagement programs, which are mutually valuable relationships with our consumers enabling us to grow and diversify our revenue across The Times and The Sunday Times.
To deliver extraordinary performance in customer engagement that ultimately delivers increased customer lifetime value and profitability to News UK
Basic salary is dependent on experience + Benefits + Bonus.
Who We Are?
News UK is an outstanding company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling. Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times - as well as Unruly, a global ad tech company, and the Wireless Group,comprising of talkSPORT, talkRADIO, and Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations.
Marketing (COO), is the driving force behind our business, keeping us connected with our dedicated audience.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
My core responsibilities are to deliver industry leading customer engagement and lifetime customer value, which ultimately deliver extraordinary experiences for happy customers of The Times and The Sunday Times.
- You will lead delivery of engagement campaigns for existing subscribers. Allocating budget and effort based on strategic priorities and value to the business.
- Ensure that Omni-channel, integrated campaigns (print and digital) are produced, prioritised and implemented effectively, working collaboratively with all teams within Sales and Marketing—including Campaign Execution and creative agencies-- across the wider business so that customer engagement is optimised in quality and value terms.
- Deliver targeted improvements in customer engagement and ARPU ‘average revenue per user’. Handle the reporting of KPI ‘key performance indicators’ and other indices as per set criteria, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Support New Business Ventures by creating a customer lifecycle which is multi-faceted and creates new purchasing patterns
- Deliver targeted revenue, behavioural, and ARPU growth objectives. Handle the tracking of revenue against budget and linked to direct impact.
- Work with manager to develop and embed a customer lifecycle management approach to sustain habitual consumer behaviour and ultimately drive incremental value to the business.
- Build customer management and reporting capabilities around the lifecycle that enable execution, assessment and optimisation of any campaign activity.
- Run individual campaign execution, including influencing external teams.
- Drive an on-going culture of improvement and innovation, creating and developing processes which will drive efficiency and effectiveness whilst continuing to ensure that customers are delighted
- Focusing on continually innovating the mechanisms to which we communicate with our base.
- Lead activation and churn management for subscription customers. Underpinning the businesses strategic priorities through end-to-end project ownership & governance.
Key Skills and Experience
- You will have experience in leading through the line CRM programmes or direct response campaigns, ideally in a subscription environment
- Experience in running media agencies for owned and paid channels
- Thorough understanding of the media industry or behavioural psychology
- Shown experience of running complex stakeholders in high pressure environments
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in integrated marketing communications, direct response, digital marketing (email, DM, display, social especially) and analysis programmes.
- Thorough understanding of best practice in engagement and retention management, testing and rollout strategies.
- Ability to communicate technical or data led information to commercial teams in an engaging and informative manner.
- Ability to translate customer lifecycle events into creative execution produced by internal and external agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally
- Thorough understanding of a multi-channel engagement approach
- Proven experience of leading complex partner environments and revenue models.
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in integrated marketing communications, direct response, online and analysis programmes.
- Evidenced ability working with technical and creative teams essential given breadth of role.
- Ability to implement a customer lifecycle vision with quantifiable improvements linked to business objectives.
- Confident to question what’s gone before, whilst having a passion for doing things differently.
- A tenacious attitude, which is able to adapt and influence virtual teams
- Professional, supportive and a rationale challenger
Sound like the role for you? Not sure you tick all the boxes but think you could make an impact? If so please apply firstname.lastname@example.org
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice