We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
This role is within the News UK Finance team, and is based in Peterborough with regular travel to our Head Office in London.
Your role: As the Sales & Marketing Analyst your role will be an essential part of the Sales & Marketing finance team, reporting in to the Senior Finance Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Weekly and Month end reporting for:
- TNL (The Times & The Sunday Times) marketing costs
- Circulation revenues across all titles
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all relevant accounts
- GRNI management
- Ad-hoc queries and support to London as required
- Support to Accountant and Senior Finance Manager on subscriptions revenue and volumes as required
Your team: You will report in to the Senior Finance Manager, being part of the wider Sales, Marketing & Editorial team within Peterborough management accounting.
Your role will require you to:
- Have full ownership and understanding of all the work you do
- Identify opportunities to simplify processes and implement as appropriate
- Work with the wider team to ensure all deadlines are met, and work is completed accurately and on a timely basis
Day to day you will:
- Prepare the weekly submissions for TNL marketing costs, including communication with London
- Prepare the weekly and monthly submissions for circulations revenue
- Understand the TNL marketing trackers and liaise with the teams in London to ensure up to date and reconciled to weekly uploads
- Ensure trackers are in line with SAP through weekly checks
- Completion of relevant commentary and variance analysis on weekly & monthly results
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing team in London to ensure POs are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsibility for GRNI balance sheet accounts, including regular investigation of GRNI balances and blocked/parked invoices
- Liaising with Accounts Payable department to resolve all payment and invoice queries
- Relevant communications with Finance teams in London
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations and monthly commentary
- Monitoring of subscription billing exception reports & fraud reporting, highlighting exceptions immediately
What we’re looking for from you:
We’re looking for someone who’s actively studying with a passion for learning new things and making improvements:
- Actively studying ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- Good attention to detail · Strong communication to flag risks or problem areas as needed
- Someone with a logical mind who can identify where processes could be simplified or improved
- Proactive in implementing improvements, simplification and efficiencies
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to ask questions
- Willingness to develop and look at new areas across the team
- Good team player, willing to help colleagues
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to work in a globally known business
- The chance to travel to London on a regular basis to our Head Office
- The opportunity to be an integral part of the Peterborough Management Accounting team
- The opportunity to improve and add value to a dynamic, constantly evolving part of the business
- Exposure to senior stakeholders across the business
- The opportunity to make a real difference across both Peterborough and London
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice