About News Productions
News Productions is made up of Events, Video and Studio all working together to bring News UK content to life across our multi media platforms. News Productions work with The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times to amplify content and bring our brands to life. Our objectives include:
- Create and deliver a unified strategy across video and events
- Support our brands and business objectives
- Deliver 1st class production and service whilst driving value
- Increase existing revenue and drive new revenue
What is the goal of this role?
- Support Times+ Producer to create, develop and implement the Times+ events subscriber loyalty programme
- Manage and produce Times+ events with support from Event Assistant
- Ensure all event production is to the highest standard and reflects the values of our brands
- Support Producer in managing Times+ events budget and reporting and ensure all plans are delivered on-time and to cost
- Innovate and lead in the events industry
- Create world class experiences to reward our customers
What are my accountabilities?
- Times+ event planning, delivery and administration
- Work with the Event Producer to identify new event opportunities that will retain and acquire new customers
- Manage the detail behind events execution, liaising with suppliers, venues and partners and negotiating the best price in order to drive down cost
- Contribute to the long term strategy by proactively coming up with ideas, concepts and ways to generate revenue through events, in-line with stakeholders’ objectives
- Execute events to a high standard whilst integrating brand principles
- Build our reputation amongst customers
- Build and nurture relationships with editorial and internal stakeholders
- Manage individual events budgets feeding into wider plan, raising and logging supplier PO’s
- Create regular reports for activity, evaluation, ticket sales, member feedback and insight
- Brief in and set up ticket booking for events – monitor and feedback sales
- Brief branding and print material for events and manage the sign off process
- Monitor and present competitor activity
- Manage in-paper ads day to day, working with the designers and partners to create these and managing the event space contra plan from sponsorship deals
- Manage transportation and accommodation requests for talent
- Arrange deliveries for merchandise, branding and goody bags
- Assist in pulling together presentations and documents for commercialising suitable Times+ events as well as managing any sponsorship execution
- Update and feed into the News UK events calendar and Event Hub
- Training of an assistant and management of promotional staff
- Work closely with the News Production team to maximise the full potential of events
Who I will work with?
- TNL events team
- Senior Leadership Team
Behaviours and experience required
- Experience of event management and production with full understanding of the event process from brief to execution
- Experience of working with or for an agency
- Track record of working with budgets to create impactful events resulting in high customer satisfaction levels
- Able to manage projects alone or as part of a bigger team
- Experience of working in a marketing team with an understanding of integrated marketing campaigns is desirable
- A passion for our brands and an understanding of how events can bring brand values to life
- Ability to multitask and and work well under pressure, working across many different projects at the same time whilst managing stakeholder relationships
- Extremely well-organised with excellent attention to detail – ensuring successful events with every detail covered
- Excellent communications and reporting skills
- A keen interest in our key brand pillars such as, politics and culture
- Enjoys a challenge with a proactive, positive can-do attitude
- Salesforce knowledge is desirable
- Looking to grow within an events team
- Travel, weekend and evening work required
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice