12 Month FTC
What’s my personal contribution?
Being an essential cog of our high performing, data hungry and driven Times Marketing team, helping us achieve our ambitious customer subscription goals.
- Conducting value adding analysis by increasing the understanding of customer behaviour
- Embed customer data-based insights in the engagement and retention processes
- Providing the day to day narrative and data support to the marketing and operations teams
- Develop and contribute innovative ideas and actionable insights to improve engagement and retention to drive transformation in TNL applications, products and services
What are my responsibilities & accountabilities?
Provide analyses of customer engagement data drawn from multiple sources, to support detailed performance and effectiveness briefs from marketing campaigns
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards that business stakeholders can use to self-serve
- Recognise and extract critical indicators from large and complex data sets; interpret and express these indicators in the business context
- Investigate reporting anomalies and escalate where required to technology and / or data suppliers
- Deliver analysis of selected customer cohorts in relation to marketing campaigns.
- Be available to prioritise the delivery of high priority, fast turnaround briefs from stakeholders
- Help reduce churn rates by optimising contact strategies and by providing insight into communications that customer groups will most likely respond to
- Analysis of in-life campaigns and lifecycle optimisation
- Focused analysis on key growth areas like Times+ and International, helping shape future strategy and plannin
- Understanding of marketing strategy and communicating key messages to Analytics Team
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Analytical mindset with Excel and SQL proficiency, working understanding of statistical tools like R
- Ability to understand customer data and communicate it in a concise and relevant way
- Working knowledge of statistical models and user of Tableau data visualisation software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact and build rapports
- Strong time management skills with an ability to handle and prioritise multiple requests
- Good knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM), data-led marketing and advertising
- Experience with on-line marketing/advertising, knowledge of Salesforce would be beneficial
- Proficient in providing commercially focused insights to stakeholders
- Passionate about helping others to use information to make better decisions
- Takes the initiative and demonstrates proactivity, showing resilience in the face of obstacles
- Sees the big picture and has a curious mindset with excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Delivers quality and actionable outputs in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Understanding of how requests relate to the wider business strategy
- Methodical approach to work, with a strong focus on accuracy and quality
- Customer-obsessed and passionate about understanding customer needs
- Think and act as if this is my own business, creating value and generating profit
- ‘Can do’ approach and works to exceed expectations
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice