We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Your role: The role reports to News Corp Director of UK Tax Operations, and serves the primary role of managing various tax projects and initiatives, as well as providing integrated tax support to the business.
Day to day you will:
- Support management as a tax business partner; developing and maintaining relationships within the wider business units’ commercial, finance, treasury and legal teams.
- Lead tax input on business unit initiatives, for example expansion into new territories or products. Ability to identify issues, work to a sensible solution and communicate the same to the wider stakeholder community. Review and input on tax clauses/ aspects in legal agreements.
- Coordinate, manage and implement Tax lead projects; ensuring their proper and timely execution from a tax perspective. Produce technical tax analyses and documentation on key transactions.
- Evaluate tax legislation changes globally and assess the associated impact on business units. Communicate the impact of changes within the Tax teams and wider business unity stakeholder group.
- Assist in the management and analysis of taxes with a risk assessment mind-set; e.g. PE risks/ status, SAO, cash forecasting.
- Support transfer pricing work globally, including BEPS, Country by Country Reporting, and global documentation for relevant business units.
- Review corporate tax returns for business unit entities and monitor/manage wider business unit tax compliance deadlines.
- Prepare and/ or review tax quarterly reporting packs for relevant business units for financial reporting purposes.
- Handle external adviser relationships.
- The opportunity to get involved in and/or manage international and domestic focussed projects.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Recognised accounting and/or tax qualification.
- Significant level of post-qualified tax experience is required.
- Experience at a top tier accounting firm and/or the tax department of a major multinational organization strongly preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to explain tax in a clear, concise manner to non-tax focus personnel is essential. Core skill of understanding the business’ objectives, and ability to work to achieve solutions that meet the needs of the business and Tax.
- Able to run and juggle multiple tasks, prioritize where necessary and push projects through to completion.
What's in it for you? Gain a broad base of multi-national and domestic tax experience in a diverse business environment. The opportunity to take ownership of projects and deliverables with support from a very experienced, international team. The role will be based in London, with occasional travel to other locations.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice