Marketing Executive – The Times & Sunday Times Scotland
What’s my personal contribution?
A key role within the Marketing and Sales team, the Marketing Executive will implement a retail and media strategy that can achieve ambitious casual print sales targets for The Times and The Sunday Times Scotland. This role will assist in creating the marketing plans for the printed edition of each title, contribute towards overall marketing objectives and execute print campaigns. This role will support the Group Marketing Manager for The Times and The Sunday Times Scotland in the development of media, sales and retail strategies and be a main point of contact with the Scottish editorial teams.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities?
- Marketing communications: Support the Marketing Manager in developing the marketing communications plan (print, radio, digital) for The Times and The Sunday Times Scotland.
- Added value promotions: contact prospective partners to agree added value promotions to increase sales of The Times and The Sunday Times Scotland
- Data analysis: Maintain an analytical and data driven approach to driving sales performance
- Agency management: Support Marketing Manager in development and creation of briefs for internal and external creative, media buying and PR agencies.
- Retail activations: Work with Marketing Manager to review retail point of sale and branding and work with the retail team to devise and implement a retail strategy for both titles.
- Stakeholder management: Manage relationships with key stakeholders in marketing, editorial, commercial and circulation.
- Reporting: Administration including creation of post campaign debriefs, brand presentations and assisting in the management of the marketing budget.
- Event management: required from time to time to support events team in running The Times events in Scotland and act as local point of contact.
- Partnerships: Execute partnership plans to promote The Times and The Sunday Times Scotland to new audiences and leads to new sales.
What do I need to have?
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in a marketing role with experience in managing campaigns that use a variety of marketing communications tools – specifically radio, print and digital.
- Good creative judgement and a passion and understanding of The Times and The Sunday Times audience
- First rate agency briefing skills and agency management experience
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas and solutions effectively
- Experience at evaluating and reporting on marketing activity effectiveness
- First rate communications skills including PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Stakeholder management skills and the ability to operate within a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders with proven ability to influence
- Exceptional work ethic and motivated to excel in a fast paced environment
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice