We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations. The remit of the Corporate Audit Department also includes Storyful, a social media intelligence agency and Harper Collins UK, with best-selling authors and titles across its publishing divisions.
Corporate Audit: This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that has a unique vantage point in a truly exciting business, with the opportunity to work across a diverse range of financial, operational and technology projects. We partner with our businesses to provide assurance and advice through a responsive, risk based and strategically aligned plan.
You will join our small team of highly motivated and hardworking individuals in our London Bridge office, assisting the Corporate Audit Manager in the delivery of the audit plan and other ad hoc projects as required
Day to day you will:
- Perform the planning, delivery and draft reporting of audit projects assigned to you. You will document findings in a clear and concise manner and offer practical recommendations to the area under review.
- Where required, you will support advisory and other projects including areas such as system implementation reviews, investigations and occasional SOX support to business unit management.
- Use your technical and analytical skills to ensure processes are understood, documented and analysed effectively to identify key risks. You will also ensure the effective execution of agreed test plans.
- Assist in the ongoing process of tracking open audit actions and working with action owners to ensure these are addressed and closed for any issues assigned to you.
- Present a positive image of both yourself and the wider department in all of your dealings with our businesses
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are passionate about the value we can bring and working with the business to deliver timely, relevant and insightful findings and recommendations that are documented to a high standard.
- You understand the importance of data to effective audit execution and are able to confidently interrogate data sets using excel functions. You may also have some experience of data visualisation or sampling tools.
- You adapt quickly to change and thrive in an environment where change is constant.
- You are commercial, pragmatic and able to balance independence and objectivity with a partnering mentality.
- You are a great communicator, able to relate to our contacts both in the wider audit team and different levels and functions of the organisation.
- You are able to manage your own time and workload ongoing, but are quick to react when input and guidance from others in the wider team is necessary.
- You are self-motivated and can drive yourself to deliver agreed work programmes as well as collaborate with other team members of larger projects.
- may already have worked in different and challenging environments, managing different stakeholders and prioritising your workload. We'd love it if you were a qualified accountant although it's more important that you have the practical experience for this role. Other relevant qualifications are welcome.
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. You will be given exposure to a variety of people, projects, business areas and tasks. We will also provide relevant training and development, enabling you to be the best you can be. We are a results oriented department, always keen to develop the things that we do and how we do them. We're looking for someone who wants to be part of the journey.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief,gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice