We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
An integral role to provide professional administrative and organisational support to the Editor-in-Chief of Style and the wider Style editorial team, ensuring the smooth running of the magazine department including diary management, organising and co-ordinating internal and external meetings, managing appointments and the completion of general administrative tasks as and when required. A love of magazine features, beauty and fashion are essential for this role, which is specifically not a writing position. A genuine enthusiasm for the digital evolution of magazines would be beneficial
Day to day you will:
- Support the Editor-in-Chief, Style with diary management; ensuring the diary is regularly reviewed and kept up to date at all times
- Act as a first point of welcome and contact for the Editor-in-Chief, Style - greeting visitors, fielding telephone calls and responding to any written correspondence
- Coordinate and book fashion week show tickets and travel for the Editor-in-chief, Style and manage the travel budget for any work travel arrangements for the Editor-in-Chief, Style and their direct reports
- Oversee the management of general administrative support for the Editor-in-Chief, Style (including dealing with post, filing, photocopying)
- Process editorial invoices and expenses for the editorial team and being across the production schedule of a fast-paced weekly magazine
- Compile research for the features team and have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of features across our competitive set
- Contribute to daily digital conference; assisting the digital team with ideas and research
- Organise and manage Style events
- Assist EIC in management of personal social media and Style social media
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience of providing administrative support to senior individuals and a team
- Be highly organised with exceptional administrative skills.
- Qualifications and/or depth of knowledge in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and also Google Docs and Gmail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and display good attention to detail, be proactive and willing to work in a busy and often demanding environment
- Ability to analyse problems and demonstrate autonomy and initiative to create, develop and implement successful solutions
- Ability to set priorities to respond to changing circumstances and needs, to anticipate needs and be proactive
- High level of personal and data organisation skills, particularly with regard to maintaining security of confidential data
- Ability to manage multiple work streams without supervision
Competencies and Behaviours:
- First-class communication skills - can communicate effectively with all levels of seniority across the paper and with external contacts
- Displays an enthusiastic, can do, flexible attitude, especially when facing challenges
- Adapts easily to changing priorities
- Works exceptionally hard, is punctual and is always prepared to put in extra time and effort where necessary
- Keen to embrace extra responsibilities
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Works effectively and calmly under pressure
- Gains respect of work colleagues and is approachable
- Is prepared to work with other team members
- Has an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Has a proactive approach to work and regularly reviews how things are done to keep the department running as efficiently as possible
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice