Customer Engagement Marketing Manager
Times & The Sunday Times
The TNL Sales and Marketing department is made up of Marketing & Sales, and New Business Ventures , working together to deliver the Sales & Marketing vision. Our strategic objectives:
- Be distinct and different
- Know our customers better
- Do more with customer relationships
- Fuel passions for our brands among customers and staff
- Grow the volume of repeat, known customers
- Grow average revenue per user
- Maximise the life time value of our customers
- Own the customer experience from beginning to end
- To design and execute the delivery of engagement programs, which are mutually valuable relationships with our consumers enabling us to grow and diversify our revenue.
- To deliver outstanding performance in customer engagement that ultimately delivers increased customer lifetime value and profitability to News UK. Increasing engagement across both subscribers and registered access base.
To design and execute the delivery of engagement programs, which are mutually valuable relationships with our consumers enabling us to grow and diversify our revenue.
To deliver outstanding performance in customer engagement that ultimately delivers increased customer lifetime value and profitability to News UK. Increasing engagement across both subscribers and registered access bas
My core responsibilities are to design and deliver industry leading customer engagement and lifetime customer value to deliver exceptional experiences for happy customers.
- Design and deploy a customer lifecycle, which includes new business ventures and creates new purchasing patterns to deliver TNL revenue targets.
- Deliver targeted improvements in customer engagement and ARPU ‘average revenue per user’. Manage the reporting of KPI ‘key performance indicators’ and other indices as per set criteria, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Develop a three year customer view to include growth opportunities in terms of deeper engagement and creation of new purchasing decisions
- Deliver targeted revenue, behavioural, and ARPU growth objectives. Oversee the management of revenue against budget and linked to direct impact.
- Deliver engagement programme for Registered Access base, which enables the conversion manager to achieve subscription targets. Using learning’s from subscribers lifecycle to optimise effort and impact
- Work with manager to develop and embed a customer lifecycle management approach to sustain habitual consumer behaviour and ultimately drive incremental value to the business.
- Work in collaboration with Tech, and the Proposition & Market Development team to design and implement the necessary capability to fulfill new frictionless purchasing decisions.
- Build customer management and reporting capabilities around the lifecycle that enable execution, assessment and optimisation of any campaign activity.
- Support in the management of campaign execution, influencing key stakeholders in virtual teams to ensure activity is delivered on time and to target.
- Drive an on-going culture of improvement and innovation, creating and developing processes which will drive efficiency and effectiveness whilst continuing to ensure that customers are delighted
- Focusing on continually innovating the mechanisms to which we communicate with our base.
- Manage activation of additional products and services
- Champion the voice of our customer, through operationally led insight & aligning with our editorial differentiators.
- Proactively identify and recommend business ventures, which can help us, deliver strategic priorities and business objectives.
- Part of the team’s weekend rota, being available for operational support if there’s an escalated requiring a decision point or additional internal push
- Experience in managing through the line CRM programmes or direct response campaigns, ideally in a subscription environment
- Experience in managing media agencies for owned and paid channels
- Thorough understanding of the media industry or behavioural psychology
- Proven experience of managing complex stakeholders in high pressure environments
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in integrated marketing communications, direct response, digital marketing (email, DM, display, social especially) and analysis programmes.
- Thorough understanding of best practice in engagement and retention management, testing and rollout strategies.
- Experience growing customer revenue and integrating brand extensions advantageous.
- Ability to communicate technical or data led information to commercial teams in an engaging and informative manner.
- Ability to translate customer lifecycle events into creative execution produced by internal and external agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally
- Thorough understanding of a multi-channel engagement approach
- Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments and revenue models.
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in integrated marketing communications, direct response, online and analysis programmes.
- Evidenced ability working with technical and creative teams essential given breadth of role.
- Ability to implement a customer lifecycle vision with quantifiable improvements linked to business objectives.
- Experience in online marketing advantageous.
- Commercial acumen and ability to business case proposals.
- Experience working with a call centre operation advantageous.
- You’ll relish a challenge; demonstrate resilient, adaptable to change, and enjoy a fast paced environment,
- Fearless to question what’s gone before, whilst having a passion for doing things differently.
- A tenacious attitude, which is able to adapt and influence virtual teams.
- Professional, respectful and a rationale challenger.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice