Systems & Reporting Manager
News UK - Times Marketing & Sales team
Purpose of the Role
To attract passionate, loyal and valuable customers to our brands.
The Times Newspaper Ltd (TNL) Marketing & Sales department works together to deliver balanced subscription growth. Focusing on maximising print profits, growing digital subscriptions and diversifying revenue streams.
Our objectives are to:
- Be distinct and differentiated
- Know our customers better
- Do more with customer relationships
- Fuel passions for our brands among customers and staff
- Grow the volume of repeat, known customers
- Grow average revenue per user
- Maximise the lifetime value of our customers
- Lead the customer experience from beginning to end
Who are we?
News UK is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times - as well as Unruly, a global ad tech company, and the Wireless Group,comprising of talkSPORT, talkRADIO, and Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The primary role of the Systems & Reporting Manager is to develop and implement system enhancements, which enhance the customer and advisor experience. They are the business lead for customer facing systems including SalesForce, working closely with counterparts in Technology to ensure co-dependent systems and resource are handled. In addition there team will be responsible for the core reporting of performance. The role should lead on reviewing processes and challenge and improve the systems / processes currently in place.
- Lead business owner for Salesforce. Responsible for all customer-facing system changes, ensuring we maximise the capability end to end.
- Lead the team to deliver a full suite of statistical and analytical reports (real time and at agreed frequencies) that support stakeholders in their understanding and application of performance statistics
- Through the Systems team build a service that supports customer and agent satisfaction by ensuring system efficiency and speedy issue resolution
- Highlight key trends & system anomalies including billing, advisor behaviour, telephony and omni-channel.
- Support New Business Ventures as appropriate, helping enable us collectively to deliver the total customer value targets
- Manage the activities required to meet all monitor and measure quality metrics for all interactions
- Take operational responsibility for the SalesForce Service Cloud including process design, efficiency and data integrity, including platform updates. To represent contact centre requirements as part of the overall Technology roadmap process
- Working directly with Technology to ensure system requirements are fit for purpose, delivered on-time and managed appropriately in-life as our lead.
- Work with the training team to develop training manuals and training programmes for all technology implementations and developments
- Collaborate with key Marketing stakeholders around service expectations and service performance
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
- Investigate where resources are being used currently and how these can distributed more efficiently
- Analyse drivers of call volume and work in collaboration with the Forecasting & Reporting manager to ensure new insight is factored into forward looking outlooks & activity prioritisation
- Work collaboratively with technology to identify any customer or systems issues, undertake root cause analysis and plan fixes, tracking and reporting all such incidents
- Part of the team’s weekend rota, being available for operational support if there’s an escalated requiring a decision point or additional internal push.
- Leadership and management skills
- Attention to detail is important
- Ability to design, develop and improve MI and reporting systems and in depth knowledge of SalesForce service cloud
- Thought leadership on telephony & call centre system improvements
- Current and advanced knowledge of statistical packages, such as Excel including pivot tables and graphing
- MS PowerPoint for Exec level presentations
- Ability to build effective working relationships and communicate with all levels of the business
- Detailed knowledge of data management principles, particularly with regards to data validation and reconciliation
- Good analytical skills and ability to make evidenced based decisions
- Ability to convey complex information in a simple way, to other partners
- Advanced experience of relevant tools and systems
- Experience developing a team (direct & indirect)
- Deploying system enhancements and obtaining Quality sign off
- Experience in coaching and developing team members
- Willingness to travel, expectation will be that this role will require regular visits to each contact centre
- Recognition that operational roles of this nature involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management.
- A working knowledge of the Data Protection Act would be advantageous
As a department, we have 5 values that guide our day to day work. We call them the 5 C’s
Customer Led, Commercial, Creative, Collaborative, Courageous
Sound like the role for you? Not sure you tick all the boxes but think you could make an impact? If so please apply firstname.lastname@example.org
News UK is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice