Job Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Head of Client Delivery
Purpose of Job: To manage client accounts and deliver industry leading digital projects on time and within budget for Ireland’s leading digital agency, as well as managing customer expectations and in-house resources to ensure project requirements are met.
- To build and maintain strong client relationships, acting as the main point of contact for appointed clients
- To manage the delivery and profitability of projects across your accounts
- To manage client projects, from briefing through to delivery and reporting
- To ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- To brief and liaise with the design and web development teams
- To develop clear project documentation throughout the project lifecycle
- To manage clients and internal stakeholders, ensuring they are kept fully informed
- To liaise with 3rd parties to agree deliverables and manage scope, where appropriate to the project
- To lead project review meetings
- To adhere to internal accounting/reporting procedures for billing and time management
- To perform other duties as directed
Education: Third Level Qualification essential
- Relevant experience working at Account Manager level essential
- Demonstrable experience in web technologies
- Experience of managing client projects, from briefing through to delivery and reporting
- Experience of developing effective working relationships internally and externally
- Experience of using and knowledge of content management solutions
- Good applied knowledge of formal project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2) desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
Aptitudes: A proactive self-starter
- High degree of commitment, initiative and perseverance
- Flexible and resourceful
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and proactively manage internal and external priorities
- Accurate and detail focused
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver results under pressure
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
Prepared to work outside normal office hours as required
Clean, current driving licence and access to a car (This criterion will be waived in the case of an individual where disability prohibits, but who is able to demonstrate the effectiveness of alternative transport arrangements
Reporting into the Head of Client Delivery, this role is one of the key client-facing roles in the business.
You’ll have Account Management experience, so you’ll be well-versed in managing client projects and growing accounts. You’ll be someone with an interest in technology and ideally have experience of using Content Management Systems, such as Wordpress or Kentico.
This role would be well-suited to someone well-organised and who enjoys being part of a team focused on solving problems for our clients. You’ll be a great communicator who can understand and unpick client requirements and turn those into briefs for designers and developers.
You’ll thrive in a busy environment and enjoy working across different clients in different sectors. No two projects (or two days!) will be the same and you’ll be someone who enjoys that variety in a role.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice