Supply & Sales Data Executive
The role is based within the Supply & Sales Data Team in Peterborough, reporting to the Supply & Sales Data Supervisor.
The principle responsibilities of the role are: Processing the voucher claims for News UK titles in SAP, ensuring that all claims have been received, are reasonable and resulting reports are accurate and sent to stakeholders in a timely manner. Wholesale billing is to be run or covered on a weekly basis, ensuring this is SOX compliant, all pricing and any new accounts are updated and checked for accuracy. Be responsible for looking after all routes to market deals including creating and maintaining the processing spreadsheets, processing payments / charges in SAP. Processing the weekly Waste reports and creating the monthly invoicing for News UK and Sport. Processing 3rd party supplies and unsold claims, ensuring that all claims have been received and are reasonable, checking for accuracy and sending the sales reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Be responsible for performing the Weekly Wholesale Billing
- Processing voucher claims for News UK titles in SAP
- Processing the weekly routes to market deals
- Review/receive and complete data Analysis on large amounts of raw data received from internal or external sources, for integrity checking, information or reporting.
- Be responsible for creating / maintaining the routes to market spreadsheets
- Processing the weekly Waste Reports and raising an invoice request at the end of the month for News UK and Sport titles
- Processing 3rd party supplies and unsold claims in SAP
- Ensure that all SOX requirements are met while performing daily / weekly duties
- Be responsible for reporting all queries and potential delays to the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner and followed up with Technology if necessary
- Produce regular and ad-hoc reports which provide daily, weekly and monthly insight into circulation sales, supply chain and allocation performance
- Support the Supervisor and the Manager by conducting ad-hoc data gathering, reporting, analysis and interrogation
- Other general ad-hoc requests
- Provide full cover on other tasks in the team
- Gathering information on NUK and our opposition’s Front pages, headlines and pagination.
- Engage with stakeholders across multiple business areas, including Logistics, Pressage, Corporate and others to ensure reporting is useful and user friendly
- To contribute ideas and recommendations for more efficient ways of working, which satisfy the needs of the users and stakeholders
- Work closely with a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Have the ability to compile, analyse and evaluate data to make reasoned conclusions and recommendations
Technical skill requirement:
- Excellent analytical abilities with an investigative mind-set
- High level of competence in Microsoft Excel; specifically being comfortable with advanced formulas and techniques with macro ability. To be able to cut through large amounts of data quickly and efficiently
- An eye for detail and the ability to proactively find solutions to problems
- A flexible approach to involvement in all of the roles of the team
- Excellent internal customer relationship skills and a disposition to providing high levels of service to internal customers
- A willingness to consider how we can work better & provide a better service using the latest technologies
- An eye for efficiency – constantly exploring better ways of working
- A background in Finance, or the ability to manage adjustments, charges and credits
- SAP skills are also desirable
- An understanding of the newspaper supply chain (Wholesale & DTR) – desirable
Personal attributes required:
- A professional approach to all aspects of the role
- A thorough understanding and willingness to understand end to end processes within this role and how this extends across the business.
- Ability to build great working relationships inside the business
- A thorough understanding of the needs of all stakeholders and internal customers
- A willingness to work with others to improve the capability of the team
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A questioning & open-minded approach
- Have a can-do attitude
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice