What’s the job? Business Analyst, Commercial
Where do I work? News UK Commercial, London
Who’s my manager? Head of Commercial Product & Engineering
Who reports to me? N/A
What is the goal of this role?
- Work with the business to measure, understand and optimise the performance of News UK’s commercial products, including our digital display, video and native ad products across The Sun and The Times
- Ensuring commercial products meet the needs of the business, our advertisers and our readers
What are my accountabilities?
- Own Commercial Product analysis, including model creation, opportunity analysis, product performance analysis and metric creation and tracking
- Work with the business to hypothesise and perform statistical analysis, AB tests and experiments to measure the impact of product initiatives on revenue, technical performance, advertiser performance and reader performance
- Provide regular updates on product performance to the Commercial Digital Leadership Team and our Product Leadership Groups
- Use data and analysis to influence Commercial and Customer product decisions
- Support Technology BAs to set and measure commercial product KPIs
- Make clear recommendations to the business on how commercial products can be improved, and how customer products could better drive commercial KPIs
- Ensure that as a Commercial function we are driven by data
- Evaluate revenue opportunity and risk of commercial and customer product changes
- Build dashboards to continually monitor product performance and visualise insights for key stakeholders
- Work closely with Revenue Operations and Ad Operations to understand programmatic and direct-sold campaign performance can be improved through product development
- Work closely with Digital Sales & Strategy to understand the market’s needs, opportunities and risks
- Proactively feed into the Commercial Product strategy, helping identify new product opportunities and making recommendations on how existing products can be improved.
Who are my contacts?
- Commercial Digital Leadership Team
- Digital Ad Operations Team
- Revenue Operations Team
- Technology – Product Team, Programme Delivery Team, Engineering Team, Data Team, Product Operations Team
- Business Analysts
- Editorial Operations Team
What experience must I have?
- Experience working in an analytical role at a publisher, media agency, ad tech or mar tech company
- An understanding of video, display and mobile advertising
- A deep understanding of statistics and the ability to apply it to both commercial and customer problem solving
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in SQL, R, Hadoop or other languages used for accessing and manipulating databases and data
- Able to communicate complex analysis in a simple, easy-to-understand way
- Experience planning and running multivariate tests using tools such as Google360
- Demonstrable experience using data and analysis to influence business decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for media, technology and advertising
- Wider knowledge of other media channels and their value within the digital sphere
- Comfortable working in high-pressure and often challenging environments
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple and varying projects and work streams
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Mathematics, Business, IT or another quantitative discipline
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice