Job Title: Digital Fabulous Editor
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Editor, The Sun (and Editor, Fabulous)
Purpose of role: To lead a brilliant digital women's team, generating agenda-setting features, jaw-dropping real life stories, great fashion coverage and stunning visual projects - with which you will grow Fabulous's online audience. You will be a forensic editor, incredibly organised and with a talent for nurturing junior staff.
- Manage the team and its structure to ensure the best results, including rotas and staff development.
- Ensure the delivery of KPIs agreed for the team.
- Work with the Fabulous Editor and Fabulous Daily Editor to develop and maintain our 360 content strategy, which sees the core DNA of the magazine carried into our digital products and social presence as well as through the week in the Fabulous Daily pages of the newspaper.
- Work with the Audience Team to ensure Fabulous content is distributed in the best possible way, with proper emphasis on social and SEO.
- Work with the eCommerce team to develop Fabulous strategy for driving revenue through content.
- Support the commercial team in the digital element of pitches as required.
- Work with the commercial team to support creative solutions projects
- Be aware of Fabulous Digital’s competitive set and how we can be better than them.
- Play a key role in suggesting and leading areas of future development.
- Help drive digital thinking across print teams.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of managing a team within a publishing environment.
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard.
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task.
- Positive attitude and good team player.
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired result.s
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the Fabulous and Sun brands, both print and digital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice