We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
HR, a team that puts people at the core of everything we do; aligning business decisions to people initiatives. We are committed to finding and developing the best talent and are continuously looking for opportunities to innovate.
Your role: You will join a team of highly motivated and hardworking individuals looking after the Finance, Legal and Corporate Affairs teams in our London Bridge office. You will partner the business through the delivery of the people plan and by coaching and advising the department heads across a range of HR activities including organisational development, change management, talent management, performance management, employee communications and employee relations.
Day to day you will:
- Build lasting partnerships with key partners to enable the delivery of the HR people plan
- Coach and advise managers on a range of complex and challenging topics
- Support your HRD by running ER cases and liaising with legal advisors
- Plan, coordinate and implement restructures and change management projects
- Educate and guide managers on performance management, including conducting appraisals, integrating good behaviours, providing regular feedback and motivating their teams
- Work with the talent team to build long lasting talent plans thinking about everything from attraction, development and retention
- Support the recruitment of various positions at all levels, and help managers to understand and adopt the benefits of following a robust recruitment process
- Facilitate leadership team days, using time wisely to encourage positive leadership behaviours and plan their strategy
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are passionate about HR and are an advocate of what can be achieved when the business and HR work together to build long lasting programmes that result in growth
- You adapt quickly to change and thrive in an environment where change is constant
- You are a commercial and pragmatic partner to the business
It goes without saying that you have worked in different and challenging environments, have generalist HR experience covering but not limited to employee relations, performance management and coaching. We’d love it if you were CIPD qualified although its more important that you have worked in this role rather than have the qualification.
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be. In addition we are a fun-loving, collaborative team who have a social committee and are often found socialising together.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we won’t judge you for asking.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice