Social Media Manager
We're seeking a Social Media Manager to join the social media team at Britain’s most popular paper, The Sun. The team work seven days a week to share The Sun’s famous stories in fun, creative, insightful and engaging ways. The team work directly with all editorial desks as well as digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams.
We’re looking for highly motivated, imaginative, resourceful individuals, with a strong working knowledge of social media platforms. You will need to be able to produce sharply-written, engaging, clickable posts - all promoting the Sun’s content, encouraging debate and helping create a Sun community across social networks.
- Play a key role in the ongoing development and execution of The Sun's social media strategy
- Lead The Sun’s adoption of emerging social platforms and tools, and take responsibility for the growth of The Sun’s new social channels
- Work directly with editorial, digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams, ensuring their respective demands are met
- Ensure the newsroom has sufficient insight to produce Internet-friendly stories, and take responsibility for their subsequent distribution on social media channels
- Edit and maintain The Sun’s social media channels to a high standard
- Focus on targets and be clear of what is required in order to meet them
- Work flexibly, including evening and weekend shifts
If you want to work for one of Britain's largest media companies then don't delay, apply now! please send your CV (including your Twitter handle) and a cover letter.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice