What’s the job?
Senior TV & Features Writer, TV Mag
Why are we here?
To inspire more readers to engage, choose and buy our papers and digital products every day. We will achieve this by putting the reader at the heart of everything we do. Through our strategies, creativity, and innovation we will continue to maintain the relevance and value of The Sun. We relentlessly seek to lead the market, delivering the most engaging and informative content available.
What are my accountabilities?
- Setting up interviews with talent by liaising with PRs, agents and publicists.
- Delivering first-class features from interviews with TV’s biggest names.
- Writing impeccable and colourful copy for every part of both magazines, taking responsibility for your own section/s and delivering on time and to the highest standard.
- Using your contacts in the freelance world of TV to commission features and previews when necessary.
- Making the most of our brilliant access to TV talent and delivering exclusive news lines from every interviewee.
- Working as a senior member of a features team of permanent and casual staff, managing team members when required.
- Commissioning and editing, when necessary, features and previews from permanent staff and freelance writers.
- Contributing whenever required to our social platforms and online.
- Working closely and in collaboration with other teams on the magazine, and departments within the company.
- Making and maintaining great contacts with PRs and freelance writers.
- Attending screenings/Q&As and other events out of normal working hours as required or requested by superiors, and to frequently show willingness to do so.
- Stepping up and covering for senior members of the team, including management of staff and budget, when required.
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with IPSO regulations and guidelines.
- Brilliant writer and interviewer who always gets the tone right and isn’t afraid of asking the best questions.
- An understanding of TV scheduling and listings.
- Outstanding contacts with PRs and agents.
- An expert knowledge of TV shows, celebrities and soaps.
- Relevant experience on a magazine or newspaper.
- Willingness to go the extra mile and ability to turn hand to interviews, real-life features, copy-editing and preview writing.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice