Job Title: Software Developer
Reporting to: Head of Development
Development of websites and web applications, including CMS configuration, front-end presentation layer integration, business logic handling and back-end database implementation.
- Application design including data flows, core logic, back-end database integration, 3rd party integration and use of cloud-based services.
- Configuration of CMS (Wordpress, Drupal etc), implementation of page templates, post types, plugins, custom functionality etc.
- Defining, providing and consuming webservices, and other software integration logic
- Analysis of customer requirements (including direct contact meetings) and assisting with project budgeting and scheduling
- Liaison with teams/individuals (e.g. designers, account manager, 3rd party providers) to develop and refine high-level design concepts
- Assisting with the creation of system architecture and technical documentation
- Maintenance and evaluation of changes to existing applications (both in-house and 3rd party developments)
- Working as a team player as part of a small development team at all levels, including taking on the role of project leader and being responsible for individual level projects
- Adhering to in-house standards on development practices e.g. security, source control, coding style guides, processes, as well as formal standards such as WCAG accessibility and W3C best practices for HTML/CSS. Aiding the further development and adoption of the above
- Mentoring and providing support for junior developers, implementing code reviews, and driving team initiatives
- Performing other duties as directed
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice