Role Title Project Manager
Department News Productions
Reporting line Content Director
Line reports n/a
News Productions is News UK’s in house video production agency – consulting and creating video across marketing, editorial and commercial for The Times, The Sunday Times; The Sun, Wireless radio, Unruly.
We create video to support multiple marketing campaigns across our owned channels for each of our titles. From Sun Dream Team acquisition video, to the Sunday Times’ Good University guide.
The team also works with News UK’s Bridge Studio to create bespoke branded video content for multiple clients across all our titles.
News Productions Project Management team are responsible for driving the successful execution and delivery of video campaigns.
The Project Manager will work on multiple campaigns and partnerships to plan, document, communicate and troubleshoot at all levels and liaise with clients at every step of the project cycle. With multiple campaign deliverables, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring vital information flows through to News Productions creative and production teams and internal/external stakeholders at all times and all parties are clear on their tasks and relevant deliverables and timelines.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Works closely with Creative and Production teams News Productions a to deliver the best video campaigns for clients.
- Awareness of all relevant News UK brands, their platforms and distribution channels– how they work, what audience they reach, how best to use them.
- Is client facing, has primary responsibility for client relationships.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of campaigns
- Scopes client briefs and provides client and creative insight and scheduling feasibility in pitch responses.
- Define project scope, co-ordinate requirements, create project schedules, and ensure deadlines are met on multiple projects across all platforms
- Ensure creative integrity is maintained and collaborate closely with the creative team in News Productions.
- Build successful relationships and gain the respect and trust of clients & internal stakeholders
- Deliver and presents a post campaign washup of each project to clients and internal/external stakeholders
- Ensure relationships with all contact points are effectively managed and any issues are highlighted to senior leadership team.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience in project and customer relationship management
- Highly competent at co-ordinating multi-faceted activities and deadlines, anticipates challenges and pressure points and trouble shoots effectively
- Good oral and written communication skills, with the ability explain a concept or idea clearly and succinctly to clients and internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities and able to make decisions autonomously with a structured, coordinated approach.
- Experienced in working with creative and production teams.
- Good understanding of digital and social media; strategy, creative and technical processes.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice