DIGITAL SHOWBIZ REPORTER
Why are we here?
To inspire more readers to engage, choose and buy our papers and digital products every day. We will achieve this by putting the reader at the heart of everything we do. Through our strategies, creativity, and innovation we will continue to maintain the relevance and value of The Sun. We relentlessly seek to lead the market, delivering the most engaging and informative content available.
How do we contribute?
To uncover and write strong exclusive showbiz stories for all platforms where The Sun is published.
What’s my personal contribution?
To produce outstanding exclusive stories for The Sun
What are my accountabilities?
- Great showbiz exclusive stories in The Sun often set the showbiz agenda and we are easily the leading source of news for all showbiz, digitally and in the paper
- Holding interviews and covering events
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the Digital Showbiz Editor in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line mangers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles to news/features desks
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of showbiz and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Must haves – skills and experience
- Minimum of regional newspaper experience
- Must be flexible
- Bulging contacts book
- Must be proactive
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice