JOB TITLE – SPI Account Executive
Station – Signal 1&2
Wireless Group are a leading media company, operating 23 radio brands across the UK and Ireland. These include popular local radio stations, as well as famous national brands such as talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station, and Virgin Radio. We also operate a number of successful DAB stations across the country.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the right individual to be instrumental in the
growth of Sponsorship, and Promotions here at Signal 1&2
This role is at the very heart of all commercial activity outside of the ad break. It requires the
marketing acumen to explain the value of sponsoring our breakfast show to our incredible
local client base and the passion to deliver promotional and digital activity, taking our client’s
businesses closer to the hearts and minds of our audiences. Day in, day out, 24/7.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Take active responsibility for generating Sponsorship, Promotions and Interactive revenues alongside the commercial team at your station.
- Generate close relationships with station clients so as to be able to secure long term contracts, particularly sponsorships independently and in conjunction with sales execs.
- Digital product knowledge and a keen grasp of business drivers behind social media and required to offer an ‘expertise’ across all digital activity.
- Responsible for the implementation and project management of booked campaigns as well as proactive client liaison post campaign.
- Work with the sales, creative, programming and marketing departments to generate creative solutions that achieve our clients objectives and complement our stations output.
- Manage the creation of an up to date Menu for Sale of SPI activity in advance of each quarter alongside your SPI Manager and Content Controller.
- Be able to translate top line ideas from station briefs or brainstorms into a coherent and persuasive client pitch or proposal.
- Understand all SPI systems and effectively communicate all SPI opportunities to the sales team, including regular updates in sales meetings, and liaising with the team on pitches, proposals and appointments.
- Fully immerse yourself in the programming output, production and technical processes of your radio station, become an expert amongst the commercial team on programming, your brands and the wider media landscape.
- Support the sales team to develop new & existing business relationships through attending a minimum of 8 dual calls per week.
- Oversea with your SPI co-ordinator the communication and delivery of all SPI activity at the station and on the street including event management.
- Support your co coordinator to manage the recruitment and the day to day running of station street team, their promotional materials and promotional clothing.
- Develop knowledge of data, trends and relevant market information to assist with the sales process.
- Achieve a clear understanding of up to date Ofcom/broadcasting regulations and codes. Understand how the CMA monitors undisclosed advertising online through published guidelines.
- Attend training courses where appropriate, but take on a personal interest to read around industry drivers such as social media, advertising and digital trends through online blogs.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice