Job Title: Senior Commercial Business Partner
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Reporting to Head of Finance (Commercial)
- Senior Finance role acting as the main point of contact within Finance for the Papers advertising business, Creative Solutions team and Pagination reporting
- Leading the budgeting and forecasting process for the relevant Commercial areas
- Financial analysis and decision support to the relevant Commercial Directors and Finance Directors along with Chief Commercial Officer interaction.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Responsible for leading the budgeting and forecasting process, including challenging and agreeing assumptions with the Business
- Communication of Budget/Forecast assumptions and outputs to the wider Finance department and the Business “Heads of”
- Input to Budget presentations and narratives, including strategic and category analysis, yield review and agency impact
- Ongoing understanding and communication of exposures that arise over the course of the financial year – ensuring no surprises
- Manage complex reporting processes involving input from multiple teams, improving efficiency
Long Range Plan
- Leading the long range planning process for papers, working closely with Strategy Finance
Commercial Analysis & Decision Support
- Ongoing decision support to the Business, including:
- Analysis by product and client
- Regional analysis & review
- Yield analysis by product, strategy, agency contract impact
- Market share and competitive analysis
- Creative Solutions support and analysis
- Development of financial appraisal tools for Solutions deals
- Thorough analysis of deal margins
- Introduction of governance and control processes
- Production of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Design clear and concise reporting format for financial and non-financial audiences
- Central key contact for pagination
- Liaise and facilitate across various departments, including marketing, editorial, commercial and production finance
- Development of Business Cases for new products/revenue streams
- Development of reporting KPI’s to align with business focus
- Enhancement of reporting, ensuring TM1, AdPoint and Tableau used to aids decision making
Departmental responsibilities & Financial Control
- Liaison with the Peterborough Finance team to communicate all relevant information to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and implements policies & procedures to reinforce compliance.
- Experience and/or understanding of advertising agency models and financials
- Experience with media advertising and/or publishing industry
- Experience of Creative Solutions advertising business, understanding of appropriate revenue recognition and profitability analysis
- Systems – experience in advertising systems such as AdPoint, Media Planner, additional experience in BI reporting systems (e.g. Tableau, Salesforce)
- Experience in Financial planning & analysis systems such TM1, Hyperion etc.
- Fully qualified accountant or qualified by experience - Big 4 experience preferred
- Prior experience within a media publishing company preferred
Advert start date: 06 September 2018
Advert end date: 04 October 2018
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice