Publishing Operations – Advertising Operations Coordinator Vacancy
The Advertising Operations Coordinator is a multi-skilled role designed to support the News UK titles by providing professional and efficient planning and delivery of Commercial publishing requirements across print and relevant digital platforms, editions and regions.
They are responsible for the accurate creation and management of advertising plans, ensuring all advertisements are delivered in accordance with the correct specifications and deadlines, copy matched and placed in keeping with agreed business rules.
The Advertising Operations Coordinator role is based on Monday to Friday working, with hours within 09.00-22.00 window, subject to business requirements. The Advertising Operations Coordinator will join a team working a rotating shift rota, to support the production of our titles and will report into the Advertising Operations Manager.
The role is based within Publishing Operations, which provides cross-business planning, publishing and support services for Editorial, Commercial, Marketing, Licencing and Operations. It supports News UK by delivering value through the provision of high quality, cost efficient and integrated supply chain services and solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accurate and coordinated planning, configuration and operational delivery of commercial assets across print and where applicable digital edition platforms, ensuring they meet required business rules, workflows, service levels and timelines
- Work collaboratively with Commercial, Editorial, Marketing and Finance to coordinate commercial planning activities aligned to title architecture and inventory management requirements and in accordance with agreed business rules for Ed/Ad ratios, paginations and book structures
- Working cooperatively with Commercial, provide support to help drive and protect revenues and advertising yields, delivering maximum commercial value at minimum product costs, whilst meeting editorial requirements
- Assist the investigation and prompt resolution of any planning or service delivery issues
- To be fully conversant with the relevant Advertising Operations TIGS/Standard Operating Procedure documentation
- Prepare reports in accordance with agreed procedures, including the daily Advertising Operations report detailing any planning, delivery or publishing issues
- Aligned to the Publishing Operations Strategy, Values and Principles, work collaboratively across the department to support a ‘one-team’ approach, development of a professional service culture and 'can do' approach, whilst displaying the values and behaviours expected from a professional planning department
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Good understanding of the Commercial business and a thorough knowledge of associated systems and workflows
- Effective team-working, communication and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, reliable and flexible with an open minded approach and adaptable to the changing nature of the business
- Driven and determined to succeed, with the ability to exercise sound operational judgement and work effectively under pressure
To apply please click on the link
Closing Date: 24th September 2018
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice