Technology, a team with people and product at our heart. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. CTO of the Year (Tech Leaders) 2017, Christina Scott, leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
We are the Cloud Engineering team responsible for the delivery and support of the infrastructure platforms that enable our engineering teams to deliver products and services the newsroom teams utilise to produce world leading content for our customers.
We’re looking for: a Cloud Devops Engineer. You’re likely to be working in a DevOps environment with a good understanding of AWS. Joining us means you’ll get to work on the automation of build and release pipelines and container platforms. You will create cloud infrastructure, automating and creating tools to help our engineering teams achieve CI/CD. When you join you will be part of a project to design and implement a production ready container orchestration system based on Kubernetes and associated tools using best practice to deliver microservice applications across the platform.
Skills we look for:
- You are used to working in an open source environment using AWS or GCP
- To hit the ground running you’ll have an understanding of Linux based systems (i.e Ubuntu, Amazon Linux)
- You’re comfortable building and maintaining secure, scalable and supportable web applications or api’s capable of high traffic volumes.
- You understand cloud formation and/or terraform
- You love to administer and troubleshoot web applications and backend database both SQL and NoSQL.
- You understand VPC, LAN and WAN networking, configuration and security.
- You can script in Bash and Python.
- You have used Docker and Kubernetes or other similar container technologies.
- You understand the build pipeline and SDLC
- You are passionate about and have a natural curiosity for new technologies
- You are great at breaking down complexity and as such can explain tech to non tech people
- Your love of technology means you’re braver than most when it comes to trying new things and as a result you aren't afraid to fail.
You will be joining a team of passionate and highly skilled cloud infrastructure and operations engineers who have a great understanding of the full technology stack of our products. We are curious about new technologies and often push the boundaries of their adoption by liaising directly with AWS, Google, Apple and Akamai consultants to look at new offerings and how these can be integrated into our existing services.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.