Job Title Enterprise Solutions Architect
Reporting to IT Director
Department Enterprise Technology
Location The News Building
Technology, a team with people and product at our heart. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. CTO of the Year (Tech Leaders) 2017, Christina Scott, leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
We are Enterprise Technology. This function exists to provide expertise to run, maintain and build our internal applications and systems; as well as to provide IT services to assist and support News UK staff in undertaking their roles
The Enterprise Architect is part of the Enterprise Leadership Team, comprising of Heads of Infrastructure, Operations, Applications, Publishing Systems, Enterprise Business Systems, Newsroom Technology, and Programme.
We are seeking an Enterprise Solution Architect to lead the analysis and design tasks related to the development of the enterprise solutions architecture. You will proactively leverage technology solutions to enable current and future-state business capabilities that drive targeted outcomes. You will understand the business drivers and business capabilities, and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to support this across our Enterprise solutions for News UK and News Corp EMEA. These solutions include systems (applications, infrastructure technologies, processes and information), and shared infrastructure and application services.
You will :
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across Enterprise technologies based on business strategy, capabilities and requirements.
- Provide consulting support to application and infrastructure owners to ensure alignment with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Define the principles, guidelines, and standards to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the program management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
- Work effectively with News UK and News Corporation EMEA senior management and partners and with other global stakeholders, where appropriate.
- For Enterprise Architecture design, act as expert for Enterprise teams in the plan, analysis, design and build of IT solutions
- Advise and consult the IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes
- Develop and define enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms
- Design and develop architecture blueprints for implementation of new solutions
- Communicate and validate programme architecture with Enterprise Technology leadership and teams
- Participate in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy
- Conduct end to end technical plan design
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions
- Oversee the development of specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems
- Guide and mentor technical team members.
- Maintain familiarity with and apply the News UK Information Security policies and UK Data Privacy requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience managing enterprise IT with experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Experience with large scale and/or mission critical products and services.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice