Job Role - Head of Media - The Sun
An exciting opportunity has a arisen in a newly formed team within our Sun Marketing division, we are currently looking for a Head of Media to compliment these changes.
The Head of Media will lead the in-house digital media planning and buying team and be in charge of all media across The Sun and its associated brands.
- Drive and implement the media strategy, planning, buying, operations and reporting across The Sun and its associated brands and products; The Sun Mobile app, Dream Team and Sun Savers
- Oversee and make recommendations on the media planning and buying across our partner brands; Sun Bets and Sun Bingo
- Be responsible for the performance of the paid media budget across social, Search, Digital Display and Video on Demand
- Aligning media plans, budgets and messages across The Sun and its associated brands and products to provide the best possible user experience
- Own the relationships and be the main point of contact on The Sun with all our ad technology partners
- Work across News UK and the News Corp. companies to share and best practise on in house planning, buying and operations
- Work with the News UK commercial team to simplify advertising operations
- Support commercial with distribution of branded deals
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise on media transparency across all partners in the ecosystem and identify opportunities for The Sun to contribute to industry initiatives, along with other News UK teams.
- Experience of managing large scale digital campaigns
- Experience of planning and booking all digital media channels, including social, search and display.
- Experience in working with digital video, across Facebook, YouTube and VOD
- Experience of working in digital advertising and buying platforms, such as Google AdWords, Google Doubleclick, Facebook and other social networks
- Experience of managing a large team
- Experience at managing budgets and evaluating activity effectiveness
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- A deep knowledge of and experience in the media industry, and digital platforms
- Strong understanding of brand safety and ad verification across walled gardens and open market biddable media
- Ability to influence editorial and securing buy-in to long term marketing plans
- A passion for our brands
If this sounds like you and you want to work for one of the Leading Media organistions in the UK, and home to some of the most well known media brands - HIT APPLY
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice