Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor, Newsprinters
Reports to: Group Health and Safety Manager
Department: Health and Safety
The Site Health and Safety Advisor carries out support activities to ensure Health and Safety systems are effectively and efficiently managed and communicated, providing help and support to the management team. Company values must be demonstrated at all times, taking responsibility for performance, health and safety, quality, continual improvement, administration and development.
The role is based on days Monday – Friday, but as the site operates 24:7 the successful candidate would be expected to be flexible in order to provide support to all areas where required.
- Ensure incident management systems are up to date and investigation of incidents are undertaken
- Review risk assessment and method statement of contractors to ensure in agreement with Health and Safety policies
- Working with department managers to identify hazards and implement additional control measures in the interest of best practice and continual improvement
- Preparing site reports in relation to health and safety, analysis and presenting/communicating effectively and concisely
- Attend relevant training and development activities to support learning in the role and personal development
- Production of communication materials for site Newsletter and to support other projects and initiatives
- Assist in running the site SWAT meeting (H & S Committee)
- Undertaking and reviewing CoSHH assessments
- Management of the DSE program at site including undertaking desk assessments
- Attend Group H & S video conferences and quarterly meetings
- Work with all departments to assist with 18001 accreditation
This is not an extensive list and others tasks and responsibilities may be required to complete your role.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Be a good communicator at all levels
- Fully IT literate with Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good knowledge of current H & S legislation
- Organised and able manage own day to day workload
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Manufacturing background
Key Relationships – Internal & External:
- Group H & S Manager and H & S Managers at other Newsprinters sites
- Departmental Managers and Team Leaders
- Safety representatives
- Business partner managers
- Suppliers and trainers
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice