Personal Assistant – The Sun
What is the goal of this role?
To provide full office administration and diary support. The role is to fully understand and assist with the pressures of the execs role to ensure an organised, productive and successful Sun business, providing always on support.
Assistance to individuals above:
- Act as a first point of contact - greeting visitors, fielding telephone calls and responding to correspondence, in a professional & customer focused way
- Diary Management - organising meetings internal and external, booking lunch, breakfast & dinner venues, responding promptly to meeting requests, liaising with client and agency customer contacts on behalf of the individuals
- Email management for each individual, alerting individuals of urgent / important messages
- Provide and/or produce relevant meeting documentation and agenda’s for internal / external meetings, following up on all actions
- Providing information and prep for meetings for each individual
- Proactively working with the individuals to improve the work flows and origination of the department
- Communicate regularly with the individuals ensuring security of information and levels of confidentiality are maintained. Keep them up to date with their schedules and arrangements
- Organising complex travel arrangements within the UK and overseas, producing detailed itineraries
- Use organisational and creative skills to assist with projects; develop and implement plans for department events, team away days, monthly presentations and workshops
- Plan & organise Corporate Entertaining trips, ensuring a maximum impact and success
- Organise attendance at relevant industry events and award ceremonies
- Create regular accurate expense claims
- Assist with filing and management of documents
- Maintain sickness and absence records for Sun Showbiz department, and liaise with HR and team when relevant
- Process teams expenses for approval by Management team, ensuring enough detail has been provided by the claimant
- Process & code invoices for payment, liaise with Management when relevant
- Assist Management with approval process of teams expenses and alerting when relevant of any queries
- Complete relevant HR processes such as leavers, new starters and contractual changes
- Assist with HR processes such as probationary reviews, long term sickness and performance reviews
- Ensure that the Advertising Strategy department complete necessary paperwork needed for Anti-Bribery when receiving and providing gifts and entertaining
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and tasks
- Holiday cover for PA team
- Full time office presence and out of hours work if necessary
- Encourage collaboration and gain the trust / support of others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments to solicit their input and ensure their awareness of key projects/initiatives
- Develop positive and productive working relationships across key support areas in the business, becoming the key contact for Marketing, Communications, Finance & HR.
- Become the known and trusted point of contact for other News UK Pas and EAs, developing strong relationships with PAs of teams with whom Commercial interacts and collaborates.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, contributing ideas and supporting colleagues in making their contributions effectively
What experience must I have?
- Working in a fast paced environment, setting priorities to respond to changing circumstances and needs, anticipating needs and being proactive
- Managing a varied workload without supervision, to determine priorities for self and when working for several people at the same time, in order to meet deadlines
- Experience of having been trusted and discreet with confidential information and data
- Experience of advanced use of Microsoft programmes
Closing date 14h August 2018
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice