What’s the job? Events Team Assistant x 3
Where do I work? News UK, London
Who’s my manager? Event Manager
Who reports to me? N/A
What is the goal of this role?
- Support News UK (TNL, NGN, News UK & Wireless) Events Team to develop and implement all events plans coming out of News Productions
- To manage all administrative requirements that come out of the team
- To attend and support in the execution of larger events whilst running smaller events
- Contribute in creating world class experiences to reward our customers
What are my accountabilities?
- General administrative support for the events team
- Support in the administrative detail behind event execution, liaising with relevant parties for regional/smaller events
- Managing smaller events with support from Event Manager
- Update and feed into the News UK events calendar and Event Hub
- Venue and talent searching and pricing
- Support at the event itself with guest list/customer journey/welcoming talent
- Daily management of customer service email & events team inbox
- Manage in-paper ads day to day working with the designers and partners to create these and managing the event space contra plan
- Support on setup of ticket links – monitor and feedback sales
- Raise financial sign-off forms, purchase orders and deliver to relevant people for sign-off
- Monitoring and presenting competitor activity
- Manage transportation and accommodation requests for talent
- Oversee storage agreement and stock levels
- Brief branding and print material for events and manage the sign off process
- Arrange deliveries for merchandise, branding and goody bags
- Input, track and monitor event feedback
- Data inputting and reporting
- Assist in pulling together presentations and documents
- Training of an intern
Who are my contacts?
- Events team
- Senior Leadership Team
Behaviours and Experience Required
- Extremely well-organised with excellent attention to detail – ensuring successful events with every detail covered
- A passion for our brands and an understanding of how events can bring brand values to life
- An interest in our newspaper brand pillars such as politics, culture and sport
- Ability to multitask and and work well under pressure, working across many different projects at the same time whilst managing stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Enjoys a challenge with a proactive, positive can-do attitude
- Salesforce knowledge is desirable
- Looking to grow within an events team
- Travel, weekend and evening work required
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice