Job Role - SUN SAVERS EDITOR
Do you want to work for one of biggest Media organisations in the UK? Well we have an exciting opportunity within our Sun Savers brand, for someone to potentially become a household name in the consumer world.
What’s my personal contribution?
To become the figurehead of the Sun Savers brand, working with the content and marketing teams to deliver editorial, video and appearances across national radio, television and events. To steer the editorial vision and tone of the newspaper column and weekly newsletter, creating relevant money-saving content to engage the customer base every single day. To create and star in social video series which help to build the authority of Sun Savers as a brand that puts the good stuff in reach for ordinary people. To be available to appear at national events, on air and in-vision to champion the brand and our content. To oversee measurement and analysis the success of all our content and its effects on departmental objectives. To report back and present to senior teams in the business on development of the Savers programme, driving its content strategy.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Delivering Sun Savers content strategy and driving towards key departmental KPIs
- Appearing in social video content, on radio and television to promote the brand
- Steering editorial vision & tone of daily newspaper column and weekly content newsletter
- Contributing and executing PR plan to make Savers a national talking point
- Leading planning for content across editorial, video and social around our key pillars
- Writing funny and engaging copy in line with brand tone of voice
- Using content to raise awareness of our brand extensions (£9.50 hols, Sun Savers, Sun Bingo)
- Working closely with social and video to create cross-platform ideas and campaign messages
- Delivery of editorial requirements from key commercial briefs
- Delivery of marketing content within emails & push notifications
- Oversee use of analytics and data to shape content decision-making
- Integrate the content strategy with the wider Sun Savers marketing plan
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of heading up a team in an editorial environment
- Self-driven with the drive and enthusiasm to become a passionate advocate for the Savers brand
- Good time management and planning skills
- Experience writing money-saving content
- Experience working on a national newspaper in print
- Experience of working in a national digital media environment
- Strong writer and proven digital content creator
- Confident journalist who can contribute in editorial conference
- Socially savvy with an understanding of what makes good off-platform content
- Excellent news judgement and understanding of what works for the sun.co.uk audience
- Good knowledge of formats & content types that work in an online environment
- Experience with digital CMS and working in a fast-paced content or publishing team
- Experience and proficiency with Photoshop a bonus
- On-camera presenting skills
- PR experience a bonus
- Experience in producing social video a bonus
- Significant social following desirable
If this sounds like you the hit APPLY today !!!
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice