Assistant Producer – Online – Virgin Radio
Here’s your chance to join one of most exciting and iconic radio stations in the country. Virgin Radio is building a social-media production team to showcase the best multi-platform content.
We’re looking for a digital guru with a passion for music; someone who is pro-active, excited by all things social media and able to write accurate, engaging content.
You’ll be a quick and confident writer, with experience of image manipulation and video. You’ll be someone who is comfortable working with a variety of different personalities.
Based in spectacular new studios at News UK’s HQ at London Bridge you’ll work closely with our Virgin Radio on-air teams to create, edit and publish outstanding digital content for our multiple platforms.
- Good knowledge of Adobe CC suite – in particular Audition, Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Ability to work within online content management systems (such as Drupal or Wordpress) including very basic HTML coding
- Good audio editing skills
- Good videography and video editing skills
- Good graphic sense
- Excellent copywriting skills with good use of language across a range of media i.e. social media and website articles
- Outstanding attention to detail, including spelling and punctuation, with the ability to self-edit
- Understanding of social media tools and channels
- Social media distribution
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyse website & social data
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice