Bridge Studio is the creative content agency within News UK and we are looking for an experienced Picture Editor to join our award winning team.
We create bespoke campaigns for our clients and agencies that harness emotions to change how people think, feel and act around commercial brands. We do this by telling stories that entertain, excite and inspire across digital, print, video, social, audio, events and more.
We craft editorial content that forges powerful connections with the audiences reached through News UKs portfolio: The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless radio, Unruly and Storyful.
To do this, Bridge Studio must use the finest imagery and video footage across all of our campaigns.
The key role of the Picture Editor is to assist in the sourcing and production of all visual content for Bridge Studio campaigns. The post-holder will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, researching and locating the most suitable imagery from a wide range of sources, quickly and within budget.
The Picture Editor will report into the Director of Photography and aid him in commissioning the industries finest photographers, stylists, set designers, hair and make up artists, models and animators, that are best suited to reflect our editorial qualities, maintaining the Studio’s standards and values and enabling ambitious, successful and fully realised campaigns.
The successful candidate will ideally have an enviable book of contacts and will be a key figure in pioneering new techniques, products, skill sets and innovations to ensure that our work is above industry standard.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- The desire to go above and beyond on every brief, ensuring that the highest standard of picture research is delivered on all campaigns
- To work closely with the Director of Photography, Associate Creative Director and Art Director to progress the visual direction of key campaigns for clients, developing forward thinking concepts and helping implement the best executions across multiple platforms
- Aid the Director of Photography in commissioning shoots to budget and deadline
- Have a breadth of picture agencies, location house sites and prop houses and the ability to source the best visual components for every campaign whilst managing costs
- Leadership qualities to step up in the absence of the Director of Photography and the ability to manage relevant freelance cover, developing and mentoring them to adhere with the vision of Bridge Studio.
- Collaborate with the Director of Photography, Associate Creative Director and Art Director to maintain the overall visual identity for all Bridge Studio collateral including the assets used in pitch presentations as well as our website and social channels
- To remain up to speed on all industry developments and current photography trends, to ensure that the Studio’s output is continuously fresh and innovative
- To negotiate fees and estimate costs for photo shoots
- Strong administrative skills to maintain a database of creative contacts, manage invoices and liaise with legal
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- 3+ years experience across both editorial and commercial in a similar role
- A proven track record of producing photo shoots, demonstrating good interpersonal skills and clear communication
- Imaginative, with an eye for detail and strong visual literacy
- An extensive contact book of photographers, stylists, location sources, prop makers and set designers in a range of genres (automotive, food, fashion, beauty, business, sport, entertainment, travel, still life)
- Solid and demonstrable skills in Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital and social platforms and how to repurpose images accordingly
- Experience managing and meeting commercial budgets
- Experience in managing syndication of images and usage rights
- Excellent oral/visual communication skills, including the ability to communicate ideas and concepts to clients and other stakeholders within the business
- Highly organised and able to pivot between daily deadlines and longer term projects
- Problem solving skills and the ability to develop visual solutions to a changing brief
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice