The Sun seeks an SEO Editor for its expanding Sun Racing operation.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a daily go-to person for journalists and reporters seeking advice or improvements to articles
- Report each morning on the top SEO keywords driving traffic
- Make recommendations to journalists for relevant keywords and keyword combinations to target on articles
- Report each morning on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic
- Pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics and doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events e.g. Olympics
- Monitor trending data for newsroom suggestions and pass to editorial desks
- Optimise top pages for relevant keywords
- Forward link top traffic driving pages to other more recent articles to encourage circulation
- Monitor daily output and ensure relevant cross linking in articles e.g. ensure 2 other articles links in copy, relevant anchor text and links to topic pages. Either by editing themselves or by working with the relevant desk
- Ensure articles and pages are correctly tagged
- Build out topic pages and tag existing articles
- Edit or ensure that picture captions are suitably written and include crawlable/indexable data e.g. Taylor and Tom take to the skies in private jet vs The couple boarded her private jet
- Edit and/or complete metadata on topics and articles
Editorial background with experience in a digital publishing environment
- Good understanding of the principles of SEO
- Experience of optimising websites for SEO
- Familiar with a range of SEO tools
- Experience of working within Wordpress
Sun Racing is home of the number one Horse Racing print title in the UK (Favourite) and attracts a third of all UK horse racing bettors. Sun Racing is looking to expand its team as it expands its horse racing operation in print, web and app.
Sun Racing is part of Sun Sport.
Sun Sport's world-class content attracts an audience of over 11m people, via The Sun, thesun.co.uk/sport and dreamteamfc.com in print, online and in app.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice