Job Title - Shared Cost Analyst
The role is based in the Shared Costs Finance Team in Peterborough, reporting to the Finance Manager – Shared Costs.
The principle responsibility of the role is accounting for shared cost areas and the associated balance sheet accounts and the calculation of the Commercial bonus scheme.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of HR, TLS and Commercial P&L’s against the latest forecast and budget
- Support Finance Manager with the Quarterly Commission based bonus Calculations for the Commercial Team – Assist Finance Manager with presentation to FD & CFO
- Monthly reporting of balance sheet accruals, prepayments and GRNI
- Preparation of HR, TLS and Commercial budget and forecasts
- Cost centre reporting and analysis of variances
- Regular stakeholder meetings with cost centre owners to ensure appropriate level of control
- Responsible for the monthly accruals schedule for Shared Costs
- Maintain Remcom directories for Shared Costs
- Support Finance Manager with any adhoc business requests
Technical skill requirements
- Qualification & Experience - Actively studying for AAT/ACCA/CIMA professional examinations with at least 2 years relevant work experience
- Analysis - strong analytical and data interpretation skills, underpinned by system skills (including Excel)
- Reporting & Compliance - ability to identify key performance indicators, adherence to reporting timetables and adoption of processes
Personal attributes requirements
Communicating & Influencing:
- ability to convey relevant information accurately and on a timely basis to all stakeholders
- a good team player with the ability to communicate across the Finance team, maintaining effective working relationships
- ability to work effectively on own as well as part of a team
- Relationship Management - ability to build and maintain effective working relationship with all stakeholders
- Willingness to challenge existing practice and implement change
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice