Sales Executive, Magazines
Would you like to work for one of the biggest media organisations in the UK, home to famous brands such as The Sun, The Times, The Sunday Times, Unruly, Storyful and Wireless?
We currently have an opportunity in our commercial team for a Sales Executive, working across our popular magazine portfolio including the likes of The Times Magazine, The Sunday Times Magazine, Style, Lux, Culture, Fabulous, TV Mag, and TV Soap.
What is the goal of the role?
- Maximising revenue and market share opportunities from an allocated set of media agencies for the News UK magazines portfolio (print and digital).
- Building strong relationships at all levels within Trading and Implementational Planning teams at West End agencies, and providing excellent customer service.
What are my accountabilities?
- Selling all news print, tablet, mobile and digital products across the magazines
- Managing relationships with agency buyers and trade
- Adopt a thorough and analytical approach to sales across print magazine, tablet and digital platforms
- Collaborate across commercial teams to seek out, sell and implement new revenue opportunities
- Interrogate media briefs to maximise News UK Commercial’s proportion of the business
- Positively communicate insight externally regarding our products, platforms and business developments
- Strong awareness of competitor activity, raising any potential issues or leads
- Being professional and a strong ambassador for News UK.
What experience should I have?
- Experience working in media sales – passionate about all media platforms
- Experience negotiating price and terms of sales
- Creating and delivering market leading presentations to existing and new customers
- Solid account management experience
- Collaboration with customers and colleagues
- Familiarity with media research systems (NRS, TGI)
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice