Our Digital team are recruiting for an experienced Web Designer to join us. This role represents a great opportunity to work in fast paced & rewarding environment. The successful candidate will manage six Wireless websites and related apps. This is a full-time, permanent position. For your application to be considered for this role you must have knowledge CMS, HTML & CSS as this will be a requirement of the role.
Support the development and maintenance of core company websites and ancillary apps.
Contribute to the on-going development and maintenance of the online presence of the organisation and its subsidiaries.
Copywriting and editing to a high standard.
Provide high quality graphic design for websites.
Maintain and improve website.
Design, build and deployment of bespoke web pages.
Working with cross-functional teams to design and develop content pages.
Working to ensure a visually memorable and exciting brand experience.
Creation & delivery of daily site updates, email campaigns and Google analytics.
Collaborate with back-end developers to improve usability
Build solutions for commercial teams as well as stations.
Write functional requirement documents and guides
Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrable web design skills with an excellent portfolio.
- Experienced with industry standard design packages such as Adobe Creative Cloud, with a focus on Photoshop. Knowledge of HTML, CSS.
- Experience designing for affiliate/banner advertising
- Experience working with a CMS
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Enthusiastic & have a excellent creative eye
- Understanding of responsive design and mobile-first philosophy
- Bring a user-centered design approach to everything they do
- Have a strong understanding of UX principles.
- Have strong knowledge of the latest mobile/desktop design patterns, interaction design, and innovative coding techniques.
- An excellent communicator who is flexible and has a problem solving attitude.
- Open to collaboration and feedback from a broad range of online stakeholders.
- Highly organised and able to deliver to deadlines
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice