What’s the job? Agency Development Partner, News UK
Where do I work? News UK Commercial, London Bridge
Who’s my manager? Head of Agency Development, News UK
Who reports to me? n/a
What is the goal of this role?
To work closely with the Head of Agency Development for News UK to ensure that all revenue targets are achieved through targeting identified segmentation clients via senior comms planners. You are responsible for revenue growth into the print medium, across all digital platforms, News UK brand extensions and Solutions. You will work closely with the Solutions teams to proactively pitch Partnership opportunities and represent RFPs with the Head of Solutions. You must understand where our brands and properties fit into the wider media mix, be conversant and cognisant of the mechanics of advertising planning, media mix and marketing KPIs in order to grow our business and share of advertising spend.
What are my accountabilities?
- Build strong, senior agency relationships within Comms Planning teams and with their clients at senior level as a News UK Brand expert, with a broad media knowledge that allows a wider, cross-media conversation
- Own the interaction between our titles and your agency patch, using the relationships you have to drive revenue
- Collaborate with Head of Agency Development, the wider Agency Development team, News, Magazines, Solutions, Client Directors and Head of Digital
- Manage workflow and create bespoke client presentations alongside the insight team
- Analysis and interpretation of, and accountability for performance across agency set
- Liaise with the trading Sales teams to ensure agencies are delivering against pre-negotiated deals
- Delivery of Digital revenue, with particular focuses on Krux, web and mobile, as well as digital sponsorship and native opportunities
- Identify sources of additional client revenue (up-sell, cross-sell, creative solutions and digital), as well as Partnerships, working in close collaboration with Solutions and the creative team
- Strong track record of revenue delivery from upstream conversations.
Who are my contacts?
- Agencies and clients
- Key industry partners (NewsWorks, NRS, ABC)
What experience must I have?
- Wide understanding of media, agency and client processes and business objectives
- Delivery of a collaborative, consultative sales strategy that delivers against all revenue targets
- Proven track record of influencing at all levels, internally and externally, including with clients as well as agencies
- Proven track record of building and nurturing relationships across a wide spectrum of agency disciplines, including Planning, Strategy, Investment and Implementation.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice