Job Title: Audience Development Manager
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Head of Audience Development
The Audience Development Team is an integral and growing part of Sun Online, and includes Social Media, SEO and all other areas involving the distribution of the Sun’s content and growth of our on and off-platform audience. This team is key in implementing the business-wide strategy to meet targets and will continue to grow to incorporate new skills and responsibilities.
Purpose of role: To manage data-driven editorial projects with the aim of growing audience
- Manage data and analytics within the team, providing reporting required in key areas to help inform editorial, social and commercial strategy
- Work with the editorial teams on projects to test and grow audience and report results
- Work with the Social Team to help inform strategy through data analytics
- Work with the Engagement Team to help deliver on engagement and direct traffic targets
- Work with the video team on the role this plays in audience growth, both on-platform and social targets both commercially and editorially
- Work with the commercial team to support creative solutions projects
- Conduct constant analysis of our competitive set, using this data to inform strategy and development
- Play a key role in suggesting and leading areas of future development
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the Fabulous and The Sun brands, both print and digital
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice