- Identify, pitch and develop compelling podcast series often in partnership with our talent, correspondents and producers.
- Identify existing internal podcast opportunities while producing new original podcast offerings, both daily and/or serialized storytelling.
- Manage podcast productions, including budgets, staffing and creative.
- Train staff on best-in-class digital podcast practices.
- Manage editorial partnerships with key distributors
- Set KPIs for audience growth to continually evaluate performance against targets.
- Partner with cross-network teams on marketing, sales, and communication strategies.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Experience in audio storytelling with production on a successful podcast, news radio program or relevant podcasting know-how.
- Must have experience editing audio and familiar with software.
- Must be proactive, a doer with excellent writing skills and creative ideas on how to make compelling content.
- Strong editorial/narrative judgement.
- Experience in a fast paced digital environment, with an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
- Ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple daily productions.
- Strong cross-departmental collaborative skills
- Experience fostering a culture of experimentation.
- Experience developing host and producer talent.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice