Job Role - Sales & Marketing Accountant
News UK is one of the largest Media organisations in the UK, home to top brands such The Sun, The Times & Sunday Times and Wireless to name but a few, we currently have an opening for an experienced Accountant to joiningjoing our Finance team based in Peterborough.
The role is based in the Commercial Finance team in Peterborough, reporting to the Head of Finance (HoF) - Commercial. The principle responsibilities of the role are the accounting for/ownership of actual subscriptions & circulation volumes & revenues and marketing costs and the management of a Sales & Marketing Analyst.
Responsibilites will include but not limited too:
To own and manage the below responsibilities between this role and that of the Analyst.
Review of analyst’s outputs and keeping the HoF informed.
Liaise with London Finance to understand the outcomes of their review.
- Subscriptions weekly and month-end processes (revenues, volumes, analysis
- and associated commentary)
- Circulation weekly and month-end processes (revenues, volumes, analysis and
- associated commentary)
- Sales & marketing direct costs weekly and month-end processes (costs, GRNI,
- analysis and associated commentary)
- Management of associated balance sheet accounts as agreed between this
- role and the HoF e.g. deferred or accrued revenues, accrued or prepaid costs,
- as appropriate, and any provisions
- Ad hoc as required
- Continuous review of current processes for appropriateness, identifying and
- implementing areas for improvements and efficiencies
- Keeping the HoF informed of any financial risks or opportunities as they arise
- Relationship building and liaison with London Finance counterparts (especially
- important in areas of shared ownership or responsibility)
- Minimum monthly travel to London to achieve the above
- Support the HoF in ad hoc projects e.g. TM1 redevelopment, GRNI process
- review, redemption rate reviews etc
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Management experience preferred
- Commercially aware coupled with strong accounting skills
- Rigorous analytical skills with good attention to detail
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven logistical and organisation skills
- Finance systems knowledge preferably SAP
- Confident and professional manner
- Willingness to challenge existing practice and implement process
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and
- external stakeholders
- A good team player capable of flexibility
- Honesty & integrity
If this sounds like you and you want to work with a progressive and exciting team please hit APPLY today
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice